PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 155 skinny rear r/h door

Ade
20-10-12, 11:41
Prefer in rosso. (some idiot reversed into mine!)

wrinx
20-10-12, 15:48
As luck would have it...I was planning on sticking a pair of rosso skinny doors on ebay this weekend!

I've even done the pictures already...they have electric windows but neither have doors cards because I needed the originals for my replacement doors:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wrinx/Personal/Ebay/01.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wrinx/Personal/Ebay/02.jpg

Getting it/them to you will be a major pain though!

wrinx

Ade
20-10-12, 20:08
Hmmm, mine are manuals! Wonder how much work would be needed to convert?

How much you after for them?

alfa155chris
20-10-12, 20:44
The rear window loom just plugs into main loom. So would need loom and switches plus motors

wrinx
20-10-12, 21:23
Hmmm, mine are manuals! Wonder how much work would be needed to convert?

How much you after for them?

Err..no idea, but it should be easy enough to just swap the mechanical bits and door cards over.

But the switches and motors are still there is you need them....but not the wiring to the loom.

Not wanting much for them at all, would rather they went to a good home before I scrap them (scrapped two widebody doors and regretted it!)...so make me a daft offer if you're interested.

wrinx

Steve Webb
20-10-12, 21:46
If you can identify the wiring , I might have a pair in a box of Alfa wires and connectors I've got tucked away in the garage.

Ade
21-10-12, 22:54
Wrinx they look good in the pix. Are they good enough to just bung on my car for a few months before paint, or do they have storage scratches or anything that would need touched up?
Could courier them, but a good chance they'd get messed up....

Steve, do you mean you have everything that would be needed wiring and switch wise for a rear electrics upgrade? Just let me know how much you'd be after for that.

wrinx
21-10-12, 23:28
I'll check more closely for marks but they're certainly good enough to hang imho.

wrinx

Steve Webb
21-10-12, 23:53
Steve, do you mean you have everything that would be needed wiring and switch wise for a rear electrics upgrade? Just let me know how much you'd be after for that.

I think Wrinx meant that the switches and motors were still in the doors, you just need the door cards, and I was offering the connectors that go between the main loom and the doors.

wrinx
21-10-12, 23:57
Plus the centre console switch...

wrinx

Ade
22-10-12, 01:07
That could work out nicely. Getting them up here is another thing though.... No plans for a trip down south soon, and a dedicated one is time and money. Hmmm....

Is my car sure to just need a section of loom added? Relays and other wiring will be in place? Seems too good to be true!

wrinx
22-10-12, 08:32
I'm not sure what you've already got...can't imagine relays or fuses will be in place but the wiring might as they just one large mass of taped up wires when installed.

Another thought, you'll need new door cards for the electric version too.

wrinx

Ade
22-10-12, 11:44
Interesting. Anyone know where would the loom for the rear windows would be likely to go up until? I could have a look to see if its there....

Door cards wouldn't be an issue. Big blanking grommets for covering winder holes are fairly easy to get a hold of.

wrinx
22-10-12, 20:52
Loom for the rear windows is hidden behind the B-post plastic trim...if you've got a spare connector that's likely to be the one.

You might also find a spare connector underneath the centre console trim, the one with the fog light switch.

wrinx

Ade
22-10-12, 21:32
That's got to be worth a look for!

How are these doors for dents?
Any rust round the edges either?

wrinx
22-10-12, 23:50
Sorry, not had a chance to look properly yet....will try tomorrow, but I don't think there's damage or rust.

wrinx

Ade
23-10-12, 01:42
Cool, ta. Just let me know!

wrinx
25-10-12, 19:58
Managed to get a proper look this evening...typically there's something going on with the OSR rear door!

There's a crack in the paint in the bottom half, about an inch long, perhaps caused by a previous repair...no idea! No rust visible though.

There's also some paint rash which look like a reaction (I say this because they're the same as SZs, which are famous for them!).

Having said that, they still look ok!

If you still want it/them as a temporary measure you're welcome (for free), I won't be putting them on ebay now.

wrinx

Ade
25-10-12, 23:31
Cheers mate! Will work out what's happening and what's going to be the best option!

alfa155chris
26-10-12, 18:55
Ade I've got to go up Newcastle way soon