PDA

View Full Version : Cam sensor wanted

Ade
17-10-12, 20:27
Need a cam sensor for my Q4 ASAP.

Anyone know if they can still be bought new anywhere?
And if the Lancia and Fiat parts will be the same?

wrinx
17-10-12, 20:56
Are you sure it's failed...have you checked the wiring?

There was a thread about this recently...not always the sensor at fault.

wrinx

Ade
17-10-12, 22:00
I've not checked bugger all, (as when I get involved things either don't get done or get worse!), but I've been told the sensor is knackered.

Symptoms sound like it.
Sometimes non starting, sometimes long cranking, and sometimes perfect!

Steve Webb
17-10-12, 22:02
That sounds like an intermittent fault in the wiring rather than a knackered sensor.

Knackered sensor = consistent crap starting

Xti
18-10-12, 14:13
Is it #22 or #23 that you need?

Q4-Dave
19-10-12, 05:59
I have this problem on my Q4 (the red, daily drive) as well, this engine is rebuilt completely and renovated to standard, no leaks and nothing, just clean and nice (will post pics in gallery :smile:.. ).

But after rebuild this problem have started, have tried to adjust ignition turning the cam-sensor (#22 on Xti´s pic) but no improvements, still sometimes starting perfect, sometimes long cranking..

The engine sounds like it is "backfiring" in some cases, I have checked the adjustment of the timing belt but everything looks good, when it starts everything sounds very good as well, the car is very nice to drive and fells like lots of power, still a little afraid to drive her right now just in case..

wiring in my case as well, or do you think it may be the sensor ??

please help me :huh: as I am dyselectric, hopeless with electrics..

Xti
19-10-12, 07:52
The cam sensor (#22 in the pic) cannot be delivered anymore by local shops around here...

I must have a spare one somewhere in my garage if I recall so I could give it a search in case someone of us need it.

Cheers,
Cris.

hf hpe
19-10-12, 08:20
look for Fiat Coupe 2.0 16Vt
it's use the same sensor

also if you have aftermarket shops you need EPS part number 1.953.033
https://www.euro07.bg/catalog/image.php?id=68880

Q4-Dave
19-10-12, 08:40
Thanks for the quick replies..

Will have a look at local scrapyards first, will contact you (XTi) if I can´t get hold of one in my country..

regards

Ade
20-10-12, 11:43
Got one on its way from an ebay breaker. Fingers crossed that sorts things.