PDA

View Full Version : Twin charged lampredi engine

Finn
10-10-12, 11:41
I came across something pretty exciting yesterday. I went to collect wheels for wintertires and when I drove to the yard the guy who was selling me the wheels got excited when he realised I had a Q4. As the title suggests the chap had a lampredi block (from a croma turbo without the balance shafts) with 16valve head with an Eaton supercharger and a Garrett GT40 turbo mocked up on display. He also had all the proper parts to make it a working motor. He suggested that the setup makes easily 5-600hp and it fits in the Q4 engine bay. Sadly I didn't take any photos but it sure was quite impressive. He also told and showed some of the mods he had on his car (CC 124 fiat sport coupe): "inverted head", BIG turbo, etc. Time passed and I made my wife pretty mad when I turned up three hours late for our rendez-vous. But boy was it worth it :hyper:

AlfaJack
10-10-12, 18:23
J1v has done this to his Q4. Really impressive. Take some photos next time...:-)

Alfa Patch
12-10-12, 17:06
J1v has done this to his Q4.

Wow really?:eek:

Thats freaking awesome. I was thinking of this recently, my friend has a 'spare' eaton knocking around that is destined for his G40.

Are there any pictures or info on J1v's car?

AlfaJack
12-10-12, 23:44
Wow really?:eek:

Thats freaking awesome. I was thinking of this recently, my friend has a 'spare' eaton knocking around that is destined for his G40.

Are there any pictures or info on J1v's car?

Here is the thread:
http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?t=564&highlight=supercharger