View Full Version : V6 exhaust...

fer145
23-09-12, 10:13
Hi! I want change the exhaust to my Skinny. the configuration is

Manifols -> [CAT] -> [SIlencer] -> [Silencer] -> [Silencer] -> [Silencer]

I think..

Manifols ->[De-Cat] [a little silencer] [straight pipe] -> [end muffler]

What diameter can I use? I want that sounds great but no very noisy

[this is a 145 exhaust] I think this little silencer for retaining out gasses and not lose power at low rpm.

http://s3.subirimagenes.com:81/fotos/previo/thump_800978720120701110720.jpg

I have a SuperSprint end muffler, I only need change the exhaust outlet but no works on rear bumper hole

Steve Webb
24-09-12, 20:58
Hi Fer,

I'd go with a 2.5" system to be honest, should be able to cope fine with the power of a standard V6. Are you going to be sticking with the standard exhaust manifolds?

And I think just the 2 silencers should be ok, might be a little on the loud side without the cat there. I'd take a look on youtube, there seem to be a few V6 videos up there with aftermarket exhausts.

Suzumushi
24-09-12, 22:41
Hi Fer,

I'd go with a 2.5" system to be honest, should be able to cope fine with the power of a standard V6. Are you going to be sticking with the standard exhaust manifolds?

And I think just the 2 silencers should be ok, might be a little on the loud side without the cat there. I'd take a look on youtube, there seem to be a few V6 videos up there with aftermarket exhausts.

i was using in my v6 supersprint rear silencer, and it was the only one silencer without cat.

very nice noise, not loud

regards
WS

wrinx
25-09-12, 08:21
i was using in my v6 supersprint rear silencer, and it was the only one silencer without cat.

very nice noise, not loud

regards
WS

I had a similar, a large rear box but nothing else to the cat, lovely rumble and not too loud using 2.5" pipe.

I first tried it with a smaller rear box but it gave me a headache!

wrinx

Steve Webb
25-09-12, 11:00
Going on Youtube and looking at Alfa V6 exhaust videos always make me wish I had one!

fer145
25-09-12, 12:26
Thanks Steve!, yes, I think I will use 2.5, I will leave the stock manifolds. in the future I want to do a full stainless exhaust. but in the far future.

I´ll try make plug & play for a cat

I´m looking videos. :wub:

Thanks Suzumushi! You have a supersprint for a model o generic? I don´t know what car is my Supersprint.

Was being used in a 145QV, a friend who not used it gave it to me. He bought it from a guy on the 145 UK forum. But is not on the catalog of the 145.

Thanks Wrinx! Then without cat, but with a smaller front silencer should compensate for noise.

another vote for 2.5" :lol-030:

Going on Youtube and looking at Alfa V6 exhaust videos always make me wish I had one!

Lovely busso sound!

David ARTC-215 makes a greats exhaust on stainless, I will want one on a future.