PDA

View Full Version : CAD drawing

wrinx
06-09-12, 22:16
There's lots of clever people on here and I cant get on with CAD software!

Anyone able to knock up a CAD drawing suitable to give to a CNC operator to produce a part? It's not very complex but must be repeatable, hence the need for CNC.

Or am I better just talking to a company and letting them do their own programming?

wrinx

Steve Webb
07-09-12, 15:31
Personally unless you've already got the cad files, I'd just give the item to the machine shop. Then at least if they make a mistake programming the file they will fix it. If you send them an incorrect cad file, chances are they will charge you to put it right.

But then again it all depends on just how complicated the thing is you want made.

jimpey762
07-09-12, 18:32
I've got a friend who designs wings for Airbus so is fairly good at CAD! He drew up the brackets for my Brembo conversion. Not been in touch for a while so would need to catch up with him first. Got any sketches you can scan in and send?

wrinx
07-09-12, 19:28
Fair enough, I'll have to mock something up and do a rough drawing :)

wrinx

wrinx
07-09-12, 19:29
I've got a friend who designs wings for Airbus so is fairly good at CAD! He drew up the brackets for my Brembo conversion. Not been in touch for a while so would need to catch up with him first. Got any sketches you can scan in and send?

That sounds promising, I'll be in touch ;)

wrinx

jimpey762
08-09-12, 23:06
That sounds promising, I'll be in touch ;)

wrinx okey doke. I'll give him a shout on Monday!

Suzumushi
09-09-12, 09:11
There's lots of clever people on here and I cant get on with CAD software!

Anyone able to knock up a CAD drawing suitable to give to a CNC operator to produce a part? It's not very complex but must be repeatable, hence the need for CNC.

Or am I better just talking to a company and letting them do their own programming?

wrinx

Get the DS DraftSight software, it's free
it took me 20 minutes to learn basic shapes,
then i did measurements and draw a bracket for gauges that will fit into ventilation panel, on the center side of the console.

sended that to laser cut workshop and get my parts in 2 days.

very easy really.

regards

WS

wrinx
09-09-12, 09:46
Thanks for the tip, downloading it now :)

wrinx