PDA

View Full Version : Propshafts

Steve Webb
19-08-12, 18:54
Right, today I've been mostly removing knackered bushes from the rear suspension and dismantling the propshaft.

Its a given that I will need new donuts and center bearing, but there are 3 prop-shaft bushes used to center the prop to engine, prop the gearbox and the 2 separate parts of the prop.

My gut feeling is to replace them whilst I've got everything in the bench as although they don't feel all that bad, the engine was run with a totally knackered front donut so these bushes will obviously have been placed under a lot of stress.

So anyone know of a good place to buy prop-shaft spares as I can't seem to find anywhere that sells these parts.

AlfaJack
19-08-12, 21:00
EB spares springs to mind immediately.

Steve Webb
19-08-12, 21:40
They seem to do the donuts and bearings, but I can't see the centering bushes on their site. I'll drop them a mail and see what they say.

I've emailed Highwood Alfa about the parts as well, but can't say I've ever heard of them before.

Steve Webb
20-08-12, 22:12
Well it looks like the small parts in the prop are pretty much impossible to get hold of these days. Coupled with the bent front yoke I'm looking into getting a second prop. May have found one on ebay. Just depends on how much he wants for it, and of course how much it will cost to get it here.

Anyone know of a good cheap international (UK -> France) courier?

arguti
01-09-12, 20:00
Steve

Speak to Alex Jupe or email me photos,of exactly what you need and I can try source it for you this side and assist in shipping stuff over. I am due to go down to Alex quite soon to pick up mt Bertone for him so can discuss.

HTH

Steve Webb
02-09-12, 16:20
I'll grab some pics of the bits that I'm on about, but my parents have just arrived, and with them they brought a good condition GTV prop. Not had a good look, but all the centering bushes look in good nick and covered in grease. Looks a hell of a lot better than the prop that came off the car.

Cheers