PDA

View Full Version : Coil packs

wrinx
17-06-12, 12:27
Anyone changed them...just realised where they are and how much of a pain it's going to be to swap them.

Any tips?

wrinx

colibry
18-06-12, 10:32
when i was changing them for the first time i only unplugged them and old ones leaved there.. then i made bracket and put them infront intake manifold.

Steve Webb
18-06-12, 21:29
That makes sense for any work on them in the future, but you've still got to get down to them that first time.

Jobs like these need a 9 year old helper with very small hands.

wrinx
18-06-12, 21:58
That's not a bad idea...might look into an alternative location for them.

Can they be accessed form underneath?

wrinx

colibry
19-06-12, 17:24
mine coils where unplugged by my wife... tiny hands...

Steve Webb
19-06-12, 21:00
mine coils where unplugged by my wife... tiny hands...

Ha Ha, but did she make you buy her some expensive hand cream afterwards, because she had to get her hands dirty?

wrinx
19-06-12, 21:28
There's no way my other half would do something like that :lol:

She hates being in "manworld" (the garage)!

wrinx

Steve Webb
19-06-12, 21:40
The most I've got my missus to do is hold a socket onto a nut as I got under the car and undid it from beneath. I don't think I'd ever get her to do any more, far too much risk to the nails.

wrinx
20-06-12, 19:48
Nightmare...moved a few cables to get better access, loosened a couple of the 3mm allen head bolts and the third decided to round off :roll:

Who thought it was a good idea to put 3mm allen head bolts down there???!!!

colibry...have you got a picture of the install you did. I can see where you probably placed them but would like to get an idea of the overall look before I give in! :lol:

Had a thought that lowering the engine a touch might help...

wrinx

colibry
23-06-12, 09:42
Ha Ha, but did she make you buy her some expensive hand cream afterwards, because she had to get her hands dirty?

my wife was working in garage with her father from 7 years old.. she is an incredible car painter .. so she is not so mad if she needs to get her hands dirty :lol-052::lol-052:

mpampis_
02-07-12, 20:42
I would like to ask you all, if you know anything for more powerful ignition. I read an older post for a modification to ignition coils but I think I need a ready solution like msd or something like that. Any brand and model. Thanks mates

mpampis_
04-07-12, 09:22
No one has any idea about that?

Steve Webb
04-07-12, 19:48
I remember someone going on about this before. I'll see if I can find it.

Here you go : Alternative coils (http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?t=1401&highlight=coil)

CloverleafQ4
04-07-12, 21:08
mpampis, i,m just looking for MSD ignition coils.. my idea is install a CD ignition.. dont know if someone already done.

mpampis_
04-07-12, 21:39
I remember someone going on about this before. I'll see if I can find it.

Here you go : Alternative coils (http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?t=1401&highlight=coil)

Thanks Steve, I already read this thread and it is interesting. The point is if it is for sure stronger ignition. Not just better. If in case of fiat coupe coils on plug there could be fit stronger ignition coils on plug it would be the best. The point is if they are working good with our ecu. For ex. AEM has upgraded coils on plug but we don't know if they are compatible

mpampis, i,m just looking for MSD ignition coils.. my idea is install a CD ignition.. dont know if someone already done.

I took a look here www.lanciahf.eu the guy installed MSD ignition coils. I send him emai but no answer