PDA

View Full Version : A/F meter problems

alfista_AR
13-06-12, 20:03
Hi guys,

My car has a 4 cables lambda probe, I can read almost 12v with multimeter at one of the 2 connectors (just in front of the car near to the small black fuse box) and it supposed to be the supply voltage for probe heater, that works.
But at the connector left, I read negative tension, even changing the position of multimeter probes (negative to positive and in backwards).
I tried to connect the A/F meter directly to the connector, but the needle goes to top of scale (lean side).
Same behavior if I reverse the cables of the A/F meter at the lambda connector.
It probably has sense because the voltage is negative, but I've never heard about a lambda that works with negative voltage!!!
Fried lambda?
Please help.

Thanks.

Steve Webb
14-06-12, 21:47
Just giving this a bump, is it a standard Lambda, and what was wrong with the car to make you start looking into it?

alfista_AR
14-06-12, 23:22
Just giving this a bump, is it a standard Lambda, and what was wrong with the car to make you start looking into it?

do you mean hit the probe?,
I tried to add the A/F meter, that's the reason why I discovered the negative voltage.

AlfaJack
15-06-12, 09:48
do you mean hit the probe?,

No! It is an expression to bring the thread to the top of the list so that more people can see it and hopefully reply.

alfista_AR
18-06-12, 18:32
No! It is an expression to bring the thread to the top of the list so that more people can see it and hopefully reply.

ha ha ha ha sorry guys, my "Tarzan like" english doesn't know too much about colloquial expressions!!! :-)

Got it, how can I do that?