PDA

View Full Version : The Workhorse :: 1998 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi

Steve Webb
07-06-12, 20:13
The Workhorse :: 1998 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi (2012-06-07 20:13:23)

alfa155chris
08-06-12, 08:45
I like the 300 series discovery's my last one was a 3.9 v8 auto

Steve Webb
08-06-12, 22:42
I love the Disco, it will tow anything, and fit most things in the back. This is despite the fact that it leaks like a sieve at the moment, water, oil, ps fluid etc.

Before this I had one of the last hard dash Range Rovers in 3.9 form. Loved that as well but it was too nice to use for work, plus the fact it drank like a fish.

Steve Webb
14-06-12, 23:44
I think I need to show the old girl some TLC, today the tailgate door swung open bending the already dodgy hinges. Tailgate wouldn't shut, so I had to drive home with a ratchet strap holding things as shut as I could get them!
After buggering around with the hinges this evening the door is now shut, but a new pair of hinges are on the way.

Oh the joys of a 14 year old Land Rover.

Steve Webb
24-06-12, 14:50
Well that all went remarkably easily.

New hinges on the tailgate mean for the first time since I've owned the Disco, it shuts easily.

Next up were the oil cooler hoses, after trying to do these on a Q4 I wasn't looking forward to the job. But once the fittings were slackened by spanner, they spun off with just my fingers. The replacement hoses fit perfectly and were only £20. Result.

Final job was to replace the split expansion tank, no worries there, all the nuts securing it came off without any problems.

I guess leaving the car with an oil leak spraying the engine bay with oil has its benefits at times.

wrinx
24-06-12, 19:11
Inbuilt lubrication system :cool:

wrinx

Steve Webb
06-07-12, 09:17
Interesting drive home yesterday as the seat base support (Rubber & Webbing thing underneath the seat cushion) split and left me sitting on the metal frame.

You gotta love Land Rovers !