PDA

View Full Version : Alfa - Mazda roadster tie-up.

Steve Webb
25-05-12, 10:55
So what does everyone think about this news? Do you think they will get it right last time? After all the last Italian - Japanese tie-up wasn't universally liked was it. The Alfa Arna, Japanese styling with Italian reliability. Hopefully this time we will get Italian flair with Japanese reliability.

Xti
26-05-12, 07:49
I'm always happy if Alfa Romeo have plans and I hope for them to take the best (including economical) decisions for it's future.

I wonder if the Spider will have the same front-engined/RWD configuration as MX5 (which is most likely) or a central engine one like for the 4C concept.

mpampis_
26-05-12, 11:47
I think my opinion won't be objective because I would never buy mx5. They could made a roadster like 4c but more economically. An FR car with option of 1.4 or 1.8 multiair engine but this would be only an Alfa Romeo

Steve Webb
26-05-12, 11:57
An FR car with option of 1.4 or 1.8 multiair engine but this would be only an Alfa Romeo

If they had any sense, this would be the sort of car they were considering. Having seen how much of a success the MX5 has been, a small lightweight front engined rear wheel drive convertible, that is reliable, is going to appeal to the highest number of people.
Good looks, good handling and a willing engine is the way to go, outright performance shouldn't be top of the list.