PDA

View Full Version : The Racing Beast :: 1988 Alfa Romeo 75 3,0 V6 Group A

Wolfgang
10-05-12, 07:06
The Racing Biest :: 1988 Alfa Romeo 75 3,0 V6 Group A (2012-05-10 07:06:41)

wrinx
10-05-12, 08:37
Pictures...we need pictures :cool:

wrinx

Steve Webb
10-05-12, 09:01
Wolfgang sent me some pics last night, but I'll wait for him to add them to the garage.
If you've not made the connection yet, this was Wolfgangs last car: 155 Q4 racecar (http://www.berlinasportivo.com/marquespec/Alfa/Q4register/_zillinger.php)

mpampis_
10-05-12, 12:53
I would prefer this Q4 more than Monica bellucci!!! Amazing car

Steve Webb
10-05-12, 21:35
That looks like a really well prepared race car. Although there appear to be a couple of things missing in the last pic.

Wolfgang
10-05-12, 21:59
Hi Steve !
What do you mean with missing parts, ... the exhaust ?!
Itīs coming out directly under the drivers door hi hi hi !

I know what you mean, ... the axles, this picture was made when I have installed the new rear sway bar.

Steve Webb
10-05-12, 22:16
Itīs coming out directly under the drivers door hi hi hi !

I know what you mean, ... the axles, this picture was made when I have installed the new rear sway bar.

Yep the rear drive shafts. Are you using standard ones or something a little more heavy duty?

I bet the car sounds good with that side exit exhaust!

Wolfgang
10-05-12, 22:33
Yes the sound is like a hymn, ...

I use normal drive shafts the power and tourque is not that high that they will make troubles, just the rubber boots are special once they are stronger, Iīve got them from Denmark from teamcompetizione (Mende Trajkovsky).

Exact power I donīt know but it should be arround 260 Horse Power.

JBSOUND
11-05-12, 02:16
Amazing car, the 75 is my dream car and to have a 3.0 specially for racing is great. Congrats!

Steve Webb
11-05-12, 17:32
just been looking at the RSR site for the roll bars, are yours the 30mm front / 26mm rear?

How do you find them?

At those sizes I guess they are full on racing spec.

Xti
11-05-12, 17:49
Mmmmaaaammmma miaaa!!! I've always knew you will come with something strong. Great result! Very good looking body , what more to mention about tech side.

Btw, I miss that garage of yours and sometimes I was asking myself if you still have it.

Congrats, Wolfgang!

Greatings from Cristian.

Wolfgang
11-05-12, 20:27
Good Evening Everybody !

Yes Steve, front sway bar is 30mm and rear is 26mm and I can tell you the handling of the car is like hell :hyper::love-001:! The transaxle cars have a perfect weight balance and together with a good suspension and sway bars ... unbeliveable good.

I think the handling is much better than the handling of my race 155 Q4 was, especially on the rear side.

I also bought the brake upgrade from Ron Simons but I think he do not produce this kit any more.

I try to do every project perfect and not only just to have such a car and itīs good enough when itīs working 50%, ... no it must be better than 100%.

Wolfgang
11-05-12, 20:28
Thank you very much for your gratulations JBSOUND !!!

David ARTC-215
20-06-12, 14:13
It's spectacular! Are there any video where you can see running?

Wolfgang
24-07-12, 11:46
Hi Everybody at the Forum !

Iīve uploaded my first VIDEO of the 75 race car, if youīre interested please see Pannoniaring Young-Timer Alfa Romeo 75 3.0 V6 Wolfgang Zillinger - YouTube

Many greetings to all of you !
Wolfgang

David ARTC-215
24-07-12, 13:21
Spectacular! It's amazing his Alfa 75! Congratulations.

Xti
14-08-12, 13:52
What a beast, must be such a good feeling :driving-014:it . How much does it go on revs? Congrats and good luck on competitions!

Greatings,
Cris.

Steve Webb
15-08-12, 11:24
Looking good in that video Wolfgang, you seemed to be getting quicker throughout the session.
Is there much development to do on the car?

Wolfgang
16-08-12, 08:39
Good Morning Guys !
@Cris: Max. Revīs are 7.760 U/min which is very high for a 2-Valve engine !
Iīve finished on 4th place in the first race and 3rd place in the second race on the last event on the Slovakia-Ring near Bratislava.

@Steve: Yes, thatīs true, Iīm getting quicker the longer the race was, Iīm still learning how to drive that great race car on the limit because there are some major differences to a normal modern street car like no brake servo unit, no power steering (and thatīs really hard work with Slicks 240/600/16 tires)

I can only say once again, ... driving that race 75 race car with some suspension parts from RSR is really amazing !!! It makes so much fun and you can control the car perfectly.

I still have to improve the front brakes and must find later brake points but better brake points will come with more driving and driving and driving and this should be no problem because there is no work to do during the races. The car works brilliant without any problems.

Of course there are some points to improve during winter time like:

1) Change the position of gearshift leaver (Iīm working on it right now), I will change also the position of the gear shift linkage from outside to inside.

2) Bigger water cooler (had 107 °C water during last race, outside temp. was 39 °C)

3) Change the position of the steering wheel, within the original adjustment itīs still like an "Autobus"

4) Need two new shocks on the front axle

5) Prop shaft will be special made from Carbon with a cardan joint in the back, sliding piece in the middle and only one big donat on the front side from the BMW 850i

This should be enough work during winter time, ... for the future Iīve planed to install a throttle body kit made by AH Motorsports and a custom programable injection-ignition system.

Of course a 3,0 V6 24V engine will have more potential, but do to regulations I have to go with the 2 valve engine.

O.K. thatīs it for now, I wish you all a very nice day
Wolfgang

Steve Webb
16-08-12, 11:37
I still have to improve the front brakes and must find later brake points but better brake points will come with more driving and driving and driving and this should be no problem because there is no work to do during the races. The car works brilliant without any problems.
Wolfgang

Were the brakes still a little cold when you locked a wheel up and ran wide into the second right hander? Or were you carrying too much speed after overtaking that blue Japanese car?

Steve

Wolfgang
17-08-12, 09:35
No Steve, I just have made a shifting mistake because of the bad position of the gear shifter, found the 5th gear instead of 3rd gear and then engine brake was missing to reduce more speed and I had to brake harder. Finaly that was reason for locking up one wheel (it was on the rear axle right side)

Greetings
Wolfgang

Steve Webb
17-08-12, 09:45
Ahh, that makes sense. The 75/GTV gear shift is not the best in the world is it? I think most road tests of the car have the shift quality down as a minus point of the car.

Wolfgang
20-08-12, 09:21
Good Morning Steve !
Yes thatīs true, as I have written in my last post, Iīm working on an "Inside gear shift linkage" with a self made gearshift lever. Iīve made some pictures and in one you can see the old gearshift lever which is still in the car to see the big difference to the new one. I will screw on the new gearshift console so I can remove it if I need the space to work in the car. Iīve seen cars where the console was welded into the car, I think screw on is a better solution.
I will upload new pictures. There you can see my start of the console construction with the new lever. Still to do is the new gearshift linkage to the gearbox through the floor panel.

Have a very nice day and many greetings from Austria
Wolfgang

Steve Webb
20-08-12, 21:59
That looks like it puts the gear shift in a much better place. How are you getting the linkage out to the front of the gearbox?

Also is that a brake bias and line lock behind the gearshift?

Wolfgang
21-08-12, 05:36
Good Morning Steve !

Youīre right, behind the gearshift Iīve a valve to block the rear brakes, itīs like a hydraulic handbrake just to fix the car.
The second valve I need to adjust the rear brake power.

As I have written in my last post the gearshift linkage will be going parallel to the cardan tunnel inside and right in front of the gearbox I will drill a hole in the floor panel to bring out the linkage onto the gearbox.

Many greetings to you Steve
Wolfgang

Steve Webb
21-08-12, 11:38
itīs like a hydraulic handbrake just to fix the car.
The second valve I need to adjust the rear brake power.

That makes sense, i did wonder why you'd have a line lock on the rear brakes on a rwd car :loco: but using it as a handbrake makes it all clear now.

Do you find yourself adjusting the brake bias much? I did think about a bias valve for the GTV, especially as I will be upgrading the front brakes at some point.
Rear brakes will stay standard given the cost of RZ/SZ rear disks!

ROCisIN
26-01-13, 11:08
Hi Wolfgang. Awesome 75!

What brake kit are you using in the front?

Wolfgang
25-03-13, 11:00
Ciao ROCisIN !

Sorry for my late answer, but I was really busy the last months especialy with upgrading my race car, ... saison opening will be on the 13th of April.

I have used the RSR Kit in front with 305mm upgrated discs of the 147/156 GTA first serie with spacer kit and mounting brakets.

But during this winter I made another mounting braket for my big ALCON 4 piston calipers which I had left from my privious race car and so the old RSR upgrade kit for the original 75 brembo aluminium 2 pot calipers is now on stock. Diameter of the discs is still 305 mm because of the BBS 16" Magnesium rims, brake pad area is almost doubble size as the one from the original 75 brembo aluminium 2 pot calipers.

On the rear brakes I also have done an upgrade to the vented discs like the SZ and RZ.

Many many greetings from Austria
Wolfgang

Xti
25-03-13, 11:32
Hi, Wolfgang!

Great receiving news from you. Keep up the good work and good luck for the new racing season.

Many greatings.

Cristian

Wolfgang
25-03-13, 12:18
Hello Cristian !

Nice to hear from you also, how are you, ... yes I did a lot of work on the race car during winter time but also I had a very big project running through the winter, ... I made a complete technical overhaul on a 156 GTA of a friend of mine, ... he had invested arround € 8.500 in this car, ... almost everything technical new starting with gearbox incl. Q2 diff, clutch, both clutch hydraulic cylinders, timing belt with all bearings, sealing rings, camshaft, hydraulic lifters, complete suspension new headers, complete stainless exhaust with cup pipe in the middle and so on and so on, ... electrical problem with 0,75 A power loss during parking (but Iīve found almost everything !).

One bad new or letīs say better for my free time and family time, ... Iīve stopped my 155 Q4 project and have sold everything, really every screw of the 155, I have made a special deal with a friend of mine where I got the 75 race car, ... he gave me a lot of spare parts like engines, gearboxes, 1 Alfa 75 3,0V6 America technical O.L. but very very much corrosion (just for disassembling) and 1 Alfa 75 3,0 V6 QV with a little front accident (for me also only interesting for disassembling). So I will have enough spares for my race car. And I cannot stop everything so I will build up a new really "sharp" race 3,0 V6 12V engine with hopefully arround 300 Hourse Power or more.

Thatīs enough to play with, ... every other work be to get money and not to pay in money.

Many greetings to all of you Cristian and of course also for you
Wolfgang

Xti
28-03-13, 21:20
Hello, Wolfgang!

I have thought about being pretty complicated keeping both projects. I've wondered from the beginning how in the name of God the 75 found it's room there. So even I feel little sad for that white 155 Q4, I am not surprised. Must have been a hard decision for you. I wish you good luck racing the beast and with everything involved. :thumb:

Btw, I have the same electrical problem with my Q4 eating power during parking time so I will have to take it step by step with that soon...

Good to see you're keeping up as usual.

Many greatings from us to you my friend and to your beloved family.

Cris.