PDA

View Full Version : Things you just can't give up.

Steve Webb
28-04-12, 19:12
Not sure if anyone else is the same as me, but years ago I bought an aftermarket steering wheel (Altera) and gear knob (Momo). They are both now on the Q4, which is the 3rd car for the wheel and 2nd for the knob.

Anyone else have something special that travels from car to car with them? An Magic tree air freshners don't count!

wrinx
28-04-12, 19:54
No, not really...each car I own tends to have different mods or additions made to it.

Can't recall ever transferring anything from one to another, except stereos of course.

wrinx

alfa155chris
28-04-12, 21:50
I've just removed the leather from the prugna 155 into the white 155. Both mirrors, wind deflectors, exhaust and 17" tsw alloys from the black 155 onto the white 155 as well.

Suzumushi
28-04-12, 22:07
Not sure if anyone else is the same as me, but years ago I bought an aftermarket steering wheel (Altera) and gear knob (Momo). They are both now on the Q4, which is the 3rd car for the wheel and 2nd for the knob.

Anyone else have something special that travels from car to car with them? An Magic tree air freshners don't count!

Momo steering wheel,
original black spedline wheels (i've got 4 sets of them :) 16 wheels, that i will no longer need anymore after mounting 166 calipers :( )
and always putting aftermarket central lock device operated by pilot
and "comfort" module that will lock all windows after locking the car

regards

Steve Webb
28-04-12, 22:27
Can't recall ever transferring anything from one to another, except stereos of course.

wrinx

I used to be really big into car stereos, but these days most of my kit is sat in the garage. I tend to just use an ipod and headphones these days.

wrinx
29-04-12, 21:46
Ahaa, Chris has just reminded me...the wonderful black leather interior was transferred from my old V6 into the Q4, so I have kept something!

It would certainly be moved into another 155 if I ever bought one.

wrinx

AlfaJack
30-04-12, 10:15
I took my wheels over to the Q4. I love 'em!

the wombat
03-05-12, 21:43
Seat belt sleeve handle thingy which is green (with velcro down the back, you know the sort), and a tigger (T I double G ERRRR) soft toy on the front.

Wife bought it for me ages ago when we lived in the US, and it was on the drivers seatbelt for the MPV we had there (Dodge Grand Caravan). Had it ever since on the utility vehicle in the family.

Brul(tm)
03-05-12, 22:13
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n288/BrulTM/Alfa%20155%20Q4%20repair/Demontage/IMG_0110.jpg

The spare engine is still sitting there where I left it :hyper:
So technical, no :nahnahna:

Steve Webb
04-05-12, 18:45
and a tigger (T I double G ERRRR) soft toy on the front.

Forgot about that, Bagpuss has moved from the old Range Rover into the Discovery.

I guess technically the bottle jack was swapped over as well, but that doesn't count.