PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you...

Steve Webb
22-03-12, 22:00
in the words of the infamous kids TV show, go outside and do something more useful instead. Tonight I just couldn't face watching the standard midweek TV so I went down to the garage and knocked up something to check the tracking on the Land Rover. Nothing fancy, basically just a huge pair of internal calipers. Good job I did as well, the tracking was well out, and there is not need for massive toe-in on a Disco.

Anyone else giving up TV to get more productive things done?

AlfaJack
22-03-12, 22:03
Yes, tonight is attempt no.4 on trying to replace a piece of plaster board I had to cut out to fix a water leak. The board is back but I am so cack handed at plastering I can't easily make it seamless!

Tomorrow night - paint bathroom!

Steve Webb
23-03-12, 08:25
Ha ha plastering is a black art. Plasterboard with a thin skim between the joints seems to be the way forward over here, the new houses being built are all done like that.

wrinx
23-03-12, 08:29
Scrim tape or it'll crack...

I'm crap at plastering too, but the easiest way I found (on small jobs) is to do your best with the plaster and then use "Easifill" to correct any problems.

Last night...I started digging out some concrete to install my ramp (no, it's still not installed!).

wrinx

Xti
27-03-12, 11:37
TV? What's that? Anyway...I gave up to that thing for doing many other useful things instead. Lately I find myself in a process of reconditioning my Q4's new garage...repairing walls and repainting, racks, doors, etc. Also intend to make some extra money here from car detailing work (interior/exterior) to make it easier for me to keep up with the rent and other "Alfa" costs...

Steve Webb
27-03-12, 19:14
Also intend to make some extra money here from car detailing work (interior/exterior) to make it easier for me to keep up with the rent and other "Alfa" costs...

Are you planning on being mobile? I think the Land Rover could do with a clean given its not seen a wet sponge since I've owned it. (3 years)