PDA

View Full Version : Pre CT (MOT) nerves.

Steve Webb
15-03-12, 22:00
I'm sure everyone gets the jitters before an MOT or the like. I've got one booked for tomorrow for the van, don't care if it passes or not, the buyer just needs to have had one done for insurance or something, but still nervous about it.

Must be something about test stations, just like seeing a police car in the rear view mirror. Brings out the cold sweats in people.

Steve Webb
16-03-12, 09:06
Well as expected it failed, but not as badly as I was expecting, just the handbrake, one light shining too low and some play in the rear suspension. Mind you the list of advisories almost went to 2 pages.

Still its off on Monday regardless so I don't really care. More cash for the GTV.

AlfaJack
16-03-12, 10:34
A friend of my parents used to have a Citroen Van from the 60s, all I cna remember about it is that the speedo indicator went across the dash (I think that is right), it was white and looked a bit like an Acadiane and the engine fell out one night whilst on the drive.

Steve Webb
16-03-12, 17:05
I seem to remember that the engine mounts were a little strange from when I swapped the motor out. Fun thing to drive if you can put up with the body roll. Not sure If enjoy driving one every day.