PDA

View Full Version : Thats it. I'm officially fed up with the weather.

Steve Webb
07-02-12, 20:09
Most of my work is outside, so having a couple of inches of snow on the ground and sub zero temperatures is not really my preferred working conditions. As such I've been getting through all the jobs around the house that I've been nagged about for ages.
This afternoons job was to replace a sagging part of the ceiling. Not a big job, but of course these things never go smoothly, and I'll need to go up into the loft which is my least favorite place on earth due to it being cramped, dirty and generally like an assault course in miniature.
After a few technical issues, wooden beams in unexpected places etc, the new part of the ceiling is in place and looking good. All I need to do is get down from the loft, put my tools away and crack a beer. Oh no couldn't be that simple could it, on the way back to the loft hatch, CRUNCH, and my knee has gone through another part of the ceiling.

Well at least it will keep me busy tomorrow.

wrinx
07-02-12, 23:11
CRUNCH, and my knee has gone through another part of the ceiling.

Oops, but that bit needed replacing anyway...didn't it?

wrinx

Xti
08-02-12, 01:35
:angry: more than 5 hours spent yesterday removing the frozen (+50cm) snow to get acces to the parking place.

Brul(tm)
08-02-12, 07:34
:angry: more than 5 hours spent yesterday removing the frozen (+50cm) snow to get acces to the parking place.

I wish we had that much snow :clap:
Last friday we had 8 - 10 cm, most of that is already gone.
Send it over to us ;)

Xti
08-02-12, 11:15
I like snow too but I prefer to be caried on top of it instead me carying it.:icon_wink:

Cheers

Steve Webb
08-02-12, 18:27
I like snow too but I prefer to be caried on top of it instead me carying it.:icon_wink:

Cheers

I'll second that thought. Seems like I spent most of the day driving on compacted snow and ice. Fun but tiring.

jimnielsen
09-02-12, 03:51
what about some Q4 pictures in the Frozen European winter!!

Steve Webb
09-02-12, 09:00
The best I can do is a pic of the Landrover whilst I was out yesterday. Quite warm at that point, -2 or so. Got down to -12 last night though.

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/landrover.jpg

Xti
09-02-12, 12:44
But what a beatiful environment around your place, Steve. Simply great!
Cheers.

Steve Webb
09-02-12, 12:59
That was me out at work, just checking over a property that stands empty over the winter. Amazingly they have got a solar hot water system, despite the weather, the system has got the water upto 23c. Definitely something I'll be looking into when our current system needs replacing.

Xti
09-02-12, 13:15
I dream to have sometime a little house in such a place (and have my own garage and so on...). So the solar panels solution would be for me too a good choice, relatively cheep, comfortable and environmental friendly to take into consideration.

Evodelta
09-02-12, 20:45
Remember this Steve?

Some Mothers Do Ave Em - S3-1-Moving House Part 4 - YouTube

(click to 5.35 if the first bit bores you)

Steve Webb
09-02-12, 21:18
Well that brings back childhood memories, and no it wasn't quite that bad, but I think my language was quite a bit worse.

Xti
10-02-12, 09:54
Remember this Steve?

Some Mothers Do Ave Em - S3-1-Moving House Part 4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AM6898lUKU)

(click to 5.35 if the first bit bores you)

:lol-052::rofl:

Steve Webb
12-02-12, 11:03
Damn, shouldn't be here right now, supposed to be going out but the bloody battery on the Disco is frozen. Really really fed up now.

AlfaJack
12-02-12, 13:42
Frozen battery! Not come across that before....could easily happen I guess seeing as we know what they are full of!

Steve Webb
12-02-12, 17:13
Not completely frozen, just totally useless, barely enough power to turn the engine over. When warm its fine, in the morning at -5 its crap.