PDA

View Full Version : The cold weather.

Steve Webb
03-02-12, 19:59
The whole of Europe seems to be a little on the chilly side at the moment, so who has got some snow? And more importantly who is getting ready to have some fun in the snow?

Bloody freezing down in France at the moment, but no sign of any snow as of yet. :angry:

Suzumushi
03-02-12, 21:30
Bloody freezing down in France at the moment, but no sign of any snow as of yet. :angry:

In poland, -28 right now, in some areas -32
some snow in the city, much more out of the town
so i already had some fun...

regards

Brul(tm)
04-02-12, 00:57
On the other side of the pond we have -10C.
I like the kind of wether we have at the moment.
Had a great walk from the train station home tonigth.
Today we had about 10cm of snow.
Took me almost three ours to ge home from work today (65km to do).
keep the snow coming :cool:

Steve Webb
04-02-12, 09:06
In poland, -28 right now, in some areas -32
some snow in the city, much more out of the town
so i already had some fun...

regards

Ahh, I need to reassess what I call cold weather. -28, now that is cold :ohmy:

wrinx
04-02-12, 09:08
It's dropped a degree or two below zero recently....but the whole country (UK) is expected to get snow this afternoon.

I'll be off to play in the snow to test my M&S tyres...never had them before :cool:

wrinx

magooagain
04-02-12, 11:48
Just back from a blast in the 20vt. -9 is very very good for the turbo so it seems. She is now back in the garage covered up.
The power delivery is sublime i have to say.

Steve Webb
04-02-12, 12:05
Sounds like its a bit colder up by you. the temp was only -5 last night. Suns out now so its nice and warm for my enforced gardening this afternoon.

Must say I don't notice the difference with the turbo in the cold weather, but then again that is with the Disco. What it lacks in speed it more than makes up for in its ability to pull random French cars out of ditches!

wrinx
04-02-12, 23:48
It's dropped a degree or two below zero recently....but the whole country (UK) is expected to get snow this afternoon.

I'll be off to play in the snow to test my M&S tyres...never had them before :cool:

wrinx

4-5" of snow this afternoon/evening...took the JTD out for a play and found the tyres work very well, easily passed four cars stuck on hills...I'm impressed :cool:

wrinx

Steve Webb
05-02-12, 10:03
Well we've had some snow as well now, must be about 4" which is the most I've seen down here. Had to nip out for some essentials (Beer) so had a play in the Land Rover, this is the only time of the year that I can get the car drifting around corners.
Its made even more fun by the fact that the weather seems to have caught the council off guard, no grit on the roads at all.

Xti
05-02-12, 16:47
-15 degrees here and 20cm snow.
Oh how tempted I was to take out my Q4 in the snow...but after all the work I've spent on it for the last 3 years I still don't find a reason strong enough for that. Hmm, too bad for me I think...

Cheers,
Cristian.

Steve Webb
05-02-12, 18:18
-15 degrees here and 20cm snow.
Oh how tempted I was to take out my Q4 in the snow...but after all the work I've spent on it for the last 3 years I still don't find a reason strong enough for that. Hmm, too bad for me I think...

Cheers,
Cristian.

I don't think any of us would disagree with you Cristian.