PDA

View Full Version : Paypal verification

Steve Webb
14-01-12, 21:00
Totally :offtopic: but has anyone on here had to send through to Paypal verification of their ID and address? If so how long did it take for them to sort it out?

Just asking as my account is now limited, I've sent them the relevant docs a couple of days back now, but not heard anything back from them yet.

AlfaJack
15-01-12, 12:03
Yes, for work as PayPal is our payment merchant. Had to send scans of the directors passport and a secondary form of ID. This was about 5 years ago and it has been fine since. Only took a day or two to sort it out is the files were uploaded to their website.

They might want to send a letter to you house with a verification code on it too.

Steve Webb
15-01-12, 12:23
Cheers Jack, they've got a scanned copy of my passport and bank statement, so hopefully they should get it sorted soon.

Apparently its all to do with money laundering rules.

AlfaJack
15-01-12, 12:30
Cheers Jack, they've got a scanned copy of my passport and bank statement, so hopefully they should get it sorted soon.

Apparently its all to do with money laundering rules.

Yes, still the same story then. On the website forum ihatepaypal.com (or similar, I haven't checked) they basically advise you to up and leave PayPal and don't give them a thing of your personal details. It is not so practical in the grand scheme of things though being that they are the best known and easiest to use (mostly).

PayPal customer support is quite good though - call centre in Ireland.

wrinx
15-01-12, 14:02
I did this at the very early stages of me having an account several years ago. I think they've become even more vigilant, which is good imho, even though it is a pain :roll:

wrinx

Steve Webb
16-01-12, 12:57
Well looks like they have processed me now. Probably doesn't have anything to do with me sending them a snotty email asking them to get on with the processing rather than sending me reminder emails.