PDA

View Full Version : The quickshift kit: Discussion

Steve Webb
12-12-11, 21:17
This thread is for people to ask questions etc about the quick-shift kit.

JBSOUND
13-12-11, 01:31
Well, sorry but as a newbie I need to start from the beginning.
Please can you tell me what is this kit for and how does the kit works?
After the kit is installed how do I shift gears? (as always?)
I'm very interested, but Idon't know if this works for me.
Thanks,
JB

(Alfa 155 V6)

wrinx
13-12-11, 08:46
Check out the pictures in the other thread...it works by shortening the distance you need to move the gear stick to change gear.

It's a simple bolt on modification which is supposed to be very effective.

wrinx

Steve Webb
13-12-11, 23:00
I've noticed on the Japanese site that sells the original kit that it is also listed for the GTV. Has anyone got access to a V6 GTV who can have a look at the gear linkage to see if it looks the same as the Q4\155 V6.

Cheers

fochista
14-12-11, 08:02
Sorry, no access to GTV yet, but in the spring, perhaps... :biggrin:
A lot of things on the front of 155 and GTV are the same or at least nearly the same.

There is also a kit available for the gear shift with rods instead of cables:

http://www.flatout.jp/store/item/zoom.php?detail_id=1345

GTV is also mentioned there... 4 cylinder non turbo engines, probably?!? :thinking-011:

But it's not that cheap at all! :E

AlfaWorks
19-12-11, 16:31
What's the sort of price for these kits? :)

Steve Webb
20-12-11, 09:55
Hi all, the price for the kit is going to be ?62.50 of €75 including shipping. Although those kits going further afield than Europe might incur a small surcharge.

Q4-Dave
20-12-11, 11:08
price seems ok to me =)

Looking forward to getting it fitted

regards

AlfaWorks
20-12-11, 20:19
Alright, drop me in on it then :)

Steve Webb
11-02-12, 14:47
Right Guys, for all of you that have sent your money through, the initial kit has been created and is due to be test fitted next week. Provided that goes well the kits will all be manufactured in the very near future.

Thanks for your patience in this.

Xti
11-02-12, 15:07
Thanks for the update, Steve! Cheers.

Brul(tm)
11-02-12, 17:07
Sounds great Steve. Thanks for the update :thumb:

wrinx
17-02-12, 23:23
The prototype has arrived for me to test very soon...looks good :cool:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/wrinx/Q4/ShortShift.jpg

Will be as quick as I can but it's likely to be next weekend before I can get to my car.

wrinx

Steve Webb
18-02-12, 08:43
Looking good. The quality looks excellent too from the pic.

Steve Webb
26-02-12, 22:18
Just a quick update for you all, the prototype kit has been fitted, and there are just a couple of issues to put right.

The main thing is that to fit this kit and ensure that all gears engage correctly a small amount of metal will need to be removed from the front of the apperture in the floorpan where the gear shift is located.
I had hoped that this wasn't going to be necessary, but it looks like this won't be the case. This won't be visible when all the trim is replaced but please if you have an issue with this let me know either via email or PM.

Cheers.

Brul(tm)
27-02-12, 06:52
The main thing is that to fit this kit and ensure that all gears engage correctly a small amount of metal will need to be removed from the front of the apperture in the floorpan where the gear shift is located.

Is it posible to make a photo of the situation?
This way we can al see what exactly has to be removed to make it fit.

Steve Webb
27-02-12, 09:36
Right, thanks to Wrinx for the pic, here is a pic of the standard gearshift in 1st gear. As you can see there is not much room between the cable and the metal at the front of the hole in the bodyshell.
If you then move the point at which the cable joins the gear stick you can see it will probably interfere with the metal.

There does seem to be some confusion though as Alfajack has had a quickshift kit fitted without coming across this problem.

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/gearshift.jpg

It did occur to me that maybe the whole gearshift and pivots are mounted to the car via captive nuts that are in slots rather than holes, maybe giving a small amount of freedom to shift the whole gearshift unit back in the car.

Can anyone confirm this?

wrinx
28-02-12, 08:18
I'll hopefully be test fitting the kit again this weekend and will update then.

wrinx

Brul(tm)
28-02-12, 08:34
Can you make a picture with the kit fitted?
And maybe a close up of the problem area?

Steve Webb
28-02-12, 21:15
The following pics (thanks again to Wrinx) show the kit fitted, the first one shows the gearshift going into 1st, the second one going into 3rd.
Wrinx can you confirm this.

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/gearshift3.jpg

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/gearshift2.jpg

wrinx
28-02-12, 21:20
Yes, that looks about right...I've a horrible feeling (after exchanging emails with Jack) that it may be fitted in the higher position.

Another "full" test fit will confirm any problems and hopefully identify solutions...if necessary,

wrinx

wrinx
03-03-12, 16:50
Can you make a picture with the kit fitted?
And maybe a close up of the problem area?

I've started a new thread as the post, which covers the problem and my solution, is picture heavy.

http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?p=19700#post19700

wrinx

Steve Webb
13-03-12, 19:35
Just to let you all know that we haven't forgotten about the quick-shift kit. All the work is coming to an end now so we should be ready to send the kits out fairly soon.

Cheers

geniusmiki
19-03-12, 00:54
is still possible to have 1 of this kit? please?

Steve Webb
19-03-12, 09:27
Hi Miki,

I'll take a look at the numbers and see if there is a spare kit available.

geniusmiki
19-03-12, 19:58
Hi Miki,

I'll take a look at the numbers and see if there is a spare kit available.

thanks mate, price?

Steve Webb
31-03-12, 12:37
I've just been informed that all of the kits are now finished and ready so they will be shipped out very soon.

Also there are 5 spare kits, so if you want one or know of someone who wants one, please get in touch as soon as possible.

wrinx
14-04-12, 17:29
The box of bits has arrived with me...I'll sort out the UK delivieries this week and get the rest over to Steve for the remaining deliveries.

Apologies for the delays at this end, a combination of the company being busy, slow Paypal process and a Bank Holiday have all taken their time :roll:

wrinx