PDA

View Full Version : First part of the purchase is here.

Steve Webb
28-10-11, 19:28
Picked up the first part of the new bits this evening. Gearbox, both ECUs and wiring along with a few other bits and pieces.

First job is to check out the gearbox and LSD, after giving it a good scrub first.

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/75bits.jpg

Steve Webb
01-11-11, 20:55
Well first setback with the project, its not a 75 Turbo gearbox, got no LSD so the box is either from a 1.6/1.8 or 2.5v6 manual. Time for a trip back to the seller for a little chat.

wrinx
01-11-11, 23:46
Bugger...not a good start :(

wrinx

Steve Webb
02-11-11, 21:11
Been back to chat with the guy, looks like a genuine mistake, he is removing another gearbox from a 75 Turbo tomorrow morning for me. Picked up the Motor, 2 people can just about manage to lift one into a trailer, and with a couple of suitable boards, 1 person can unload it into a garage.
No pics tonight. But the good news is It looks like I've got 2 sets of injectors, and 2 alternators.

Time to dig out the engine stand and give it a going over.

Steve Webb
03-11-11, 21:38
Well the rest is all finally tucked up in the garage. Ready for the clean up and check over to begin.

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/engine.jpg

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/engine_box.jpg

Steve Webb
05-11-11, 19:16
Right, bit happier about the gearbox now, just stripped down the rear suspension and brakes and pulled out the diff. Its an LSD, but it is worn to the point where there is no limited to the slip. :cry: Still at least it gives me a chance to rebuild it.
I've got the Alfa Twincam book so the method for rebuilding should be straight forward enough, just a case of getting hold of new plates. Whilst I'm at it I may as well up the rate from the standard 25% to closer to 50%.

Oh and on the subject of the brakes, well out of the 4 pads (blimey they are small aren't they?) only 1 was fitted correctly, 1 had slipped and worn a groove in the center part of the disk, and 2 were missing :ohmy: Yep the car had been driven with one of the rear calipers gripping the disk with the pistons!!

Time to clean the gearbox up now.

AlfaJack
06-11-11, 13:44
So is this engine pretty much the same as a 105 series car but with a turbo?
Looks like you got a nice IC with it!

Steve Webb
19-03-12, 17:27
Well, just waved goodbye to the chap who has bought the Citroen, I must say he is braver than me, he has just driven down from Somerset in a Citroen Dyane, now he is going to drop that off and drive home in the van! :E

I'm not averse to doing slightly dodgy road trips, but that one is too much for even me.

I've now got an empty garage, an empty drive and a wedge of cash for the GTV. Looks like its going to be Easter before I can go and pick it up though.

Steve Webb
29-03-12, 08:27
I've not heard from the Citroen chap, so either he is lost in the wilderness somewhere, or he got home fine. Lets hope its the latter.

Looks like I'm off to collect the GTV on the 5th or 6th of April. For some reason finding a car trailer over here is bloody difficult. Might have got one now, so a road trip is looming.

Steve Webb
31-03-12, 11:59
Trailer is booked for the 5th so its back off to Limoges (quick stop at KFC as well) next week. The trailer is a little OTT as it will carry 1800kg but the GTV is only supposed to be 1080kg.

Expect plenty of pics of the new arrival.

AlfaJack
31-03-12, 22:26
Family size "bucket" of chicken anyone?

Good luck :)

Steve Webb
01-04-12, 09:15
Thats the plan, I'm not sure what the co-pilot for the day (SWMBO) is going to have.

I would have referred to her as navigator but I'm leaving that up to the sat-nav as I want to actually get there.

jimnielsen
04-04-12, 08:05
looking forwards to the pics, Steve...

Steve Webb
04-04-12, 15:59
looking forwards to the pics, Steve...

The GTV or KFC? :tongue:

Trailer is booked, envelope of cash is ready and I'm just about to check the Disco over to make sure its all Ok.

Setting off at 8:30 tomorrow morning so should be back here by early afternoon. :thumbsup:

Steve Webb
05-04-12, 07:24
Amazingly both me and the co-pilot are ready and it looks like we are going to get off on time.

Nice cross country road trip coming up.

wrinx
05-04-12, 10:34
Good luck...

wrinx

Steve Webb
05-04-12, 15:06
Back safe and sound, although not without incident.

Just going to finish my coffee, unload the car and get the trailer back, then I'll give you the full details on the trip.