PDA

View Full Version : 75 vs GTV

Steve Webb
18-10-11, 21:03
How compatible are the 75 and GTV engine bays? Are all the engine options that were fitted to the 75 able to be fitted into the GTV shell?

Just asking as there appears to be a 75 Turbo engine and gearbox for sale pretty close to me.

Steve Webb
19-10-11, 18:33
Right, just to update you on this, I've spoken to the guy selling the engine and gearbox, both are still available (Good start) the engine has dome 140k km and the gearbox only 30k km. He wants €500 for the pair (?430) Doesn't seem too pricey depending on the condition of them and where they have been stored.

So the question is, will the engine fit under the bonnet of a GTV Alfetta?

Steve Webb
19-10-11, 20:07
It looks like I'm not the first person to think about doing this :

Alfa GTV Turbo conversion (http://www.alfaman.freeservers.com/index.html)

Xti
19-10-11, 20:49
Interesting story of an Alfa fan.

Steve Webb
20-10-11, 18:28
Right, just got back from seeing the engine, its still tucked up inside the engine bay of a 75 sat in a garage so its been kept nice and dry. The engine only has 85k km on it, and the gearbox 30k km.
Its also going to come complete with wiring loom, ecu, manifold, turbo and intercooler.

Looks like the guy is getting rid of this engine to fund rebuilding another turbo engine that is running forged pistons and higher compression.

He wants ?700 for the full package, but judging from his manner I should be able to haggle him down closer to ?600 (?520 in old money)

From looking at engines for sale on ebay this seems a reasonable deal, but what do you guys think?

wrinx
21-10-11, 08:54
Price seems ok, with everything included.

Haven't read the thread but I would guess it'll drop straight in???

Edit: Worth reading this page http://www.alfaman.freeservers.com/whats_new.html to make sure you get EVERYTHING you need...even the heat shields! :lol:

wrinx

Steve Webb
21-10-11, 19:52
Yep I've read that page and have got a list of everything I want from the car. I won't be happy using the old fuel lines as they are well past their best now, and I'm not sure about how many heat shields there are, I think I'd prefer to wrap the exhaust manifold and turbo in any case.

The only question I have is when it comes to the prop shaft, the page mentions 2 parts to it. Are there 2 distinctive parts to the 75 prop shaft?

Steve Webb
22-10-11, 14:47
Well thats the deal done, one complete 75 Turbo engine, gearbox, ECU and a few other bits will be with me next weekend. Now its just a case of finding a car to put it into.

AlfaJack
22-10-11, 21:05
That Fiat 500 seeing as it is in bits!?

Steve Webb
22-10-11, 22:08
Ha Ha, you trying to kill me?

That 500 is now being stripped down and sold off in bits as I need to make some space in the garage and free up some cash.