PDA

View Full Version : Facebook integration

Steve Webb
14-10-11, 22:32
As Facebook seems to be everywhere these days I though it was about time I implemented some integration.

On the first post on each topic you should now see a 'Like' button. If you click on this it links the topic back to your Facebook wall.

Not sure how many of you use Facebook but I'm sure it will be useful to some of you.

Cheers

Varypodaros
08-01-13, 14:37
I was going to ask about it, today was the first time I used it.
is it possible to put a "Like" button in the forums garages?

Xti
08-01-13, 19:04
Facebook seems useful when I need more people to know me and what I'm doing. So good idea I think.

vantastic
08-01-13, 19:27
I cant see the button ?

mpampis_
08-01-13, 20:31
nice idea, we could be all friends in facebook too in some way even i am already with the most of you but for sure not with all of you

wrinx
08-01-13, 20:53
Afraid I don't use 2facebook but it's bound to be useful for everyone else :)

wrinx

Steve Webb
08-01-13, 20:54
I cant see the button ?

The button only appears at the bottom of the first post in a thread. If you are logged into Bookface you can click on the button and 'like' the thread.

Steve Webb
08-01-13, 20:55
Afraid I don't use 2facebook but it's bound to be useful for everyone else :)

wrinx

Luddite, Stone him!!! :tongue:

vantastic
09-01-13, 17:10
The button only appears at the bottom of the first post in a thread. If you are logged into Bookface you can click on the button and 'like' the thread.

I still cant see it

vantastic
09-01-13, 17:16
I still cant see it

OK found it on chrome, did not show on My old pc on XP

Steve Webb
09-01-13, 19:36
I've just made a couple of changes to the old 'Social media' settings on the site. If you look at the bottom of the page when you are viewing a thread you will see a new small toolbar (including all the garage threads) in the toolbar there are buttons that allow you to share the thread on Facebook, Twitter etc.

Hopefully be of help to some of you.

Varypodaros
09-01-13, 23:24
thanks Steve.

vantastic
10-01-13, 00:39
it works, cool, good work

vantastic
10-01-13, 01:08
Needs more work mate as the link seems to post the heading

Steve Webb
10-01-13, 08:14
Needs more work mate as the link seems to post the heading

I've just shared this thread on my wall, and it comes up with the thread title, (may be a little confusing as the thread title is Facebook integration) gives you a text box where you can add a comment and lets you choose a thumbnail picture you want displayed.

Is that not what you get?

Oh I'm using Chrome to do all this.

vantastic
10-01-13, 20:28
I've just shared this thread on my wall, and it comes up with the thread title, (may be a little confusing as the thread title is Facebook integration) gives you a text box where you can add a comment and lets you choose a thumbnail picture you want displayed.

Is that not what you get?

Oh I'm using Chrome to do all this.

Thats what I get, but confusing like you say, it works anyway:icon_wink: