PDA

View Full Version : CNC access for small runs.

Steve Webb
13-10-11, 10:50
Hi all,

do any of you have access to a CNC equipped workshop, or know of a good small workshop who could do some CNC work for us? I've got a couple of small jobs that need doing

Also does anyone know what format the CNC files will need to be in?

Cheers guys.

wrinx
14-10-11, 08:39
Didn't realise there were so many options!

http://www.fileinfo.com/filetypes/cad

Probably a good idea to find a shop to do the work and ask which format they want.

wrinx

Juan AR155Q4
17-10-11, 16:57
I do have access but I'm really too far.
CNC reads G code in a txt file.

Steve Webb
19-10-11, 11:15
I was hoping someone on here would have access as it would make prototyping the short shift kit easier if the person who was making brackets could actually check that they fitted.

If you are interested Juan, I could send you a file for the brackets for you to make up and see if it fits.

To be honest, shipping small aluminium parts is not going to be that expensive (I hope)

Evodelta
20-10-11, 14:35
You can send any details to me if you like, I work closely with people who make these kind of things day in, day out. There are some very cost effective eager guys near me who have a small workshop stuffed with a brace of Haas'.

Steve Webb
20-10-11, 18:29
Have you got access to a Q4 or 155 V6? Be nice to check the production before kicking off on a run of them.

Evodelta
20-10-11, 18:40
I'm afraid not, just 'grales and Coupes. Wrinky poos is closest to me in Derby.

Mail me some details and I'll run it by the guys first to see what's what etc.

wrinx
21-10-11, 08:52
I'm happy to be the test mule, although my car isn't roadworthy at the moment, it should still be possible to fit and stir the gear stick.

Jack's car is off the road atm, perhaps he could be persuaded to get some measurements...?

wrinx

AlfaJack
21-10-11, 09:53
I'm happy to be the test mule, although my car isn't roadworthy at the moment, it should still be possible to fit and stir the gear stick.

Jack's car is off the road atm, perhaps he could be persuaded to get some measurements...?

wrinx

Sorry guys but my quick shift is on permanently unless I get a tiny Dremel in there as one of the nuts was done up too tight and stripped the thread and just spins :(

Juan AR155Q4
21-10-11, 16:39
Well, I think Evodelta is a better option as the shouldn't have to travel so much.

Steve Webb
21-10-11, 20:09
Sorry guys but my quick shift is on permanently unless I get a tiny Dremel in there as one of the nuts was done up too tight and stripped the thread and just spins :(

Don't need you to undo anything Jack, just need a rough idea about how far the kit moves the mounting point for the gear linkage. Just so we can reproduce roughly the same amount of shortening of the shift.