PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World cup.

Steve Webb
24-09-11, 08:16
Struck me last night that the members on here must represent most of the rugby world cup teams.

So who do we think is going to win this time. England look pretty good this morning against Romania (Sorry Cristian :wave:) but apart from that no one has really stood out.

Xti
24-09-11, 09:31
It can be worst (remembering the Twickenham Stadium centenary celebration :cry:).

The best has to win! Congrats.
I really like this game and I barely wait for England vs Aussie.

SteveNZ
25-09-11, 11:48
I'm not a rugby fan but as a New Zealander I have to support the All Blacks.

1NRO
25-09-11, 20:15
For flair the All Blacks have it, if they can cope in a more intense game than they've had so far it's theirs for the taking.

Steve Webb
29-09-11, 08:30
Bad luck yesterday Cristian, looks like its the wooden spoon for Romania!

And the All Blacks always look good, but when they do come up against a strong opponent they do seem to lose their composure a little and start looking scrappy. Definitely the ones to watch at the moment though especially on home turf.

Xti
29-09-11, 19:14
Yeah, this bad luck seems to be in fact a habbit...:lol-030: I just hope for them to learn some more from all this and some day it will get better.

Steve Webb
29-09-11, 20:18
Any Scottish members gonna stick their hand up before the big game? :tongue:

Steve Webb
01-10-11, 09:03
Well it looks like the Ref is a Scotland fan from where I'm sitting right now. :angry:

And does anyone else think Dan Cole looks like an American redneck with that beard?

Xti
02-10-11, 08:15
Nice game for Wales today, such promising player the 19yo George North...

Steve Webb
06-10-11, 20:16
Big game coming up on Saturday morning. Too early to go down to a bar in my England shirt though.

Steve Webb
09-10-11, 11:02
The less said about Englands first half perfomance the better.

Seems to be in vogue at the moment though as NZ didn't look all that impressive against Argentina this morning. At least they woke up in time to secure the win.

magooagain
08-12-11, 17:55
Just saw this thread. Well i was there for 2 months enjoying the fantastic country and the great Rugby tournament. We saw five live games and watched all the other games in rugby clubs or pubs. For the final we made our way to Auckland and enjoyed the fantastic weekend with rugby fans from all over the world. Made some great new pals along the way . I put 100 dollars on France to win and was not far of winning 650. The all blacks were the worst team on final day,but overall deserved the win due to their dominanced during the tournement. Ireland fans won the drinking competion ,we drunk Rotorua town dry before the kick off and there was not a pint to be had after the game. All great fun and not a bit of trouble. Sad for the English fans as their team let them down. Hats off to the Welsh who were great. Next world cup is in the uk,i cant see many fans crowding the campsites in September and October like we all did in NZ,every night was a multi national BBQ great fun with great people. Well done to the people of NZ.

Steve Webb
09-12-11, 12:21
Sounds like you had a great time. Nothing like a big rugby occasion to get everyone together drinking and having a good time.

I'm sure you're right, no one is going to be wanting to go camping in the UK in sept/oct.