PDA

View Full Version : Wet Winton

jimnielsen
08-08-11, 02:51
a brief video taken from my 155 Q4 yesterday at a wet and gloomy Winton Raceway..

‪Wet Winton AROCA Aug 2011‬‏ - YouTube

and another...

‪spins‬‏ - YouTube

AlfaJack
08-08-11, 09:27
Great vids. The car sounds brilliant. Did you soften the setup a bit for the wet?

Doing well in the first vid if that was on slicks too!

Any other 4WD cars out there?

jimnielsen
08-08-11, 12:50
no, the car was on 'R' tires (semi slicks) in the first video. I have found that removing the ABS from the car assists in stopping in dry conditions - but the opposite is true in the wet the ABS was MUCH better in those conditions. Its very easy to lock a wheel with the system a I have it now....

jim..

Steve Webb
08-08-11, 18:41
Did you soften the setup a bit for the wet?

Looks like the rear is just a tad too stiff for the wet stuff, were you still braking when you span?

jimnielsen
09-08-11, 00:31
yep, the whole car is really much too stiff for the wet - but thats club level racing for you, without adjustable bars or dampers that permit easy adjustment at the track, you can really only set the car up to be effective in a limited range of conditions. and here it tends to be dry a lot more than wet...

jimnielsen
09-08-11, 01:19
yep, the whole car is really much too stiff for the wet - but thats club level racing for you, without adjustable bars or dampers that permit easy adjustment at the track, you can really only set the car up to be effective in a limited range of conditions. and here it tends to be dry a lot more than wet...

Steve Webb
09-08-11, 08:51
No that you have stiffened up the car so much, how do you find the understeer in the dry? Have you managed to get rid of most\all of it?

Seems to me that a few of your days out with the car have been wet this year, I suppose it means less wear on the tyres for you.

jimnielsen
12-08-11, 02:04
a picture from Winton lats weekend...

Steve Webb
12-08-11, 16:24
Looks like it corners pretty flat these days Jim.

Just on a seperate note, don't you find you get a lot of wind buffeting in the cabin if you only have a front window open? I usually crack one of the rear windows open to cut it down some.

jimnielsen
12-08-11, 23:28
Thats an interesting idea Steve - I don't remember seeing people do that here - i will keep a look out!

Steve Webb
13-08-11, 09:43
Try it out when you are out in your roadcar, makes a big difference.

wrinx
13-08-11, 20:13
I do the same, can't stand being buffeted.

wrinx