PDA

View Full Version : Quiet in here this week.

Steve Webb
26-07-11, 22:24
Has everyone been hiding away from all this unseasonable wet weather?
Wish I could say I have been, but I got an absolute soaking this afternoon whilst sat on a mower about 500m away from any sort of shelter.
Surprising how slow mowers seem to go in situations like this.

Brul(tm)
12-08-11, 22:02
Parked my @ss in Torrevieja, Spain last couple of weeks ;)
Just got back and finished unpacking. Done ~2100KM in a day.
Now reading the forum with a "San Miguel" in my had :cool:

Regard,
Marc

Steve Webb
13-08-11, 09:42
Now reading the forum with a "San Miguel" in my hand :cool:

Still trying to hang onto that holiday feeling then?

Don't know when I'll get a holiday next, just one of the joys of working for yourself.

Integrale
19-08-11, 23:21
I am back on work this week after 3 weeks and 6000km from Norway to France and around in the country there. Right now it's not any car that can take my attention :smile:. I hope that will pass after some weeks without driving.

Steve Webb
20-08-11, 16:12
Just my luck, first time in ages i've managed to sort out being free on a Saturday, but its too bloody hot to do anything today, 38c outside!! So sat sweating infront of a fan.

AlfaJack
20-08-11, 17:44
Went to the McLaren Technology Centre today. Stunning place - out of this world perfection :cool:

wrinx
20-08-11, 19:48
Just my luck, first time in ages i've managed to sort out being free on a Saturday, but its too bloody hot to do anything today, 38c outside!! So sat sweating infront of a fan.

Hope you're not expecting sympathy? :blink: :lol:

wrinx

Steve Webb
20-08-11, 21:36
Hope you're not expecting sympathy? :blink: :lol:

wrinx

Not much point in saying I had to resort to diving in the pool after typing the last message then? :nahnahna:

wrinx
21-08-11, 00:13
Absolutely NONE whatsoever :lol:

wrinx

Integrale
21-08-11, 00:40
Not much point in saying I had to resort to diving in the pool after typing the last message then? :nahnahna:

Rrrr, you could share some heat with us other that is frezzing....

Steve Webb
08-05-12, 08:49
Quiet in here again recently, is everyone busy working or playing?

Varypodaros
08-05-12, 13:18
just didn't happen anything remarkable...

Brul(tm)
08-05-12, 13:43
Actually been busy all the weekend.
Removed all the pain from the stairs to the second floor.
The lower staircase is yet to be done.

A lot of jobs in the house until the summer are still waiting.

AlfaJack
08-05-12, 14:01
Had to pay the MX5 some attention by replacing its front near side caliper. It rewarded me by locking me out...Damn stupid bleeping alarms!

Steve Webb
09-05-12, 07:57
Ahhh, so its not just me then. Seems like everyone is having trouble finding time to get down to the garage and get work done.

Xti
09-05-12, 17:16
Track days last we at our Alfa Amore regional meeting. And my 155 Q4's first cup. Will try to come up soon with some pics.

In other terms I feel like I'm always running out of time and I do not like this at all. Family and work are keeping me so far from working in garage. Time is such a good runner so I need more power...

Cheers,
Cristian.

Steve Webb
09-05-12, 19:17
Look forward to seeing those pics Cristian, I hope you took things easy after all the time you spent restoring your car.

Xti
11-05-12, 17:24
Taking things easy? Yes, I could say so but I won't be boring you now so will let some pics do the talking...

Xti
11-05-12, 17:32
It was entertaining...so good weekend. I'll try to find and come with some pics even more interesting especially for (you) guys...

ps:2 bad my Tachyon camera did not wanted to start at all this time but somebody there must've took some vids too.

Cheers,
Cristian.

Steve Webb
11-05-12, 17:37
Wow that looks well organised. You even got pit girls to look at!!!

Love the numberplate, and are those white wheels the standard compomotive ones? The centres seem to stand out further than normal.

Oh and what was the cup for?

Congratulations.

Xti
11-05-12, 18:04
It was about a regional Alfa Romeo meeting, not so much participation...very much of it for our entertainment. Alfa Amore Romania sport club's cup. Good looking girls too.

I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by "standard" Compomotive ...these are 17'' 8J ET 28front ET25 rear, made in England. They were spares for a 600 bhp Audi Quattro Coupe. I love these wheels and have been looking more than 2 years for them. I hope the shape/design really helps cooling the brakes a bit..

Steve Webb
11-05-12, 18:30
Good looking girls too.

I hope you took a good look at their shorts to make sure there was nothing that would scratch your paintwork, if you know what I mean :hyper:

AlfaJack
11-05-12, 19:19
Are they the wives and/or girlfriends?

Looks like good fun!

Xti
12-05-12, 08:18
I hope you took a good look at their shorts to make sure there was nothing that would scratch your paintwork, if you know what I mean :hyper:

Oh, my sight might have missed their shorts for only few minutes... while I was driving but at that moments I was so sure my 155 doesn't get any scratch. Only scratches I've got were on my face, from my nails.

Are they the wives and/or girlfriends?

Noooo, Jack! They were hostess models. But despite that it wasn't "allowed" to take the prize at home...:cry:

Cheers,
C.