PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 :: 1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

David ARTC-215
20-07-11, 10:32
Alfa Romeo :: 1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 (2011-07-20 09:32:09)

Steve Webb
20-07-11, 20:26
The wheels definitely look better on the Punto than the Q4. Is the Grale yours as well?

nick
02-08-11, 12:05
hi david
i want ask about front brake calipers..
what is the front brake calipers? which car? is it for 155 Q4?

wrinx
02-08-11, 14:54
At a guess I'd say they are calipers from the V6 166.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wrinx/alfaromeo155/index_page/07_Technical/08_166brembocalipers.htm

wrinx

David ARTC-215
20-06-12, 09:49
... Is the Grale yours as well?

The Grale is of my brother. But all our cars sleeping in the same garage. You want me to upload pictures of Grale?

Would you like to I upload pictures of Grale?

David ARTC-215
20-06-12, 10:41
hi david
i want ask about front brake calipers..
what is the front brake calipers? which car? is it for 155 Q4?

In my case I installed the full set of Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo.

But the Brembo calipers of the 166V6 (that Wrinx recommended) are better because they have more friction in the rotors surface:

At a guess I'd say they are calipers from the V6 166.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wrinx/alfaromeo155/index_page/07_Technical/08_166brembocalipers.htm

wrinx

On the back I installed the front rotors because they are vented rotors and also of larger diameter than the originals.

I think I have the tutorial somewhere. If you need it, I can search for it and upload to the web ;)

As a result, the new braking system as a whole, has improved greatly (tested according to figures from the company that reviews cars in Spain annually.)

But while much improved, I would like to see the difference between the Brembo calipers + 305mm rotors of the Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo, and Brembo calipers + 310mm rotors of the 166V6. Anyone have this information? (I can display the data you gave my car in the braking machine, although I did the test with the braking system completely new.)

This way I can know if I really worth changing my calipers Brembo + 305mm rotors by the 166V6 kit.

Thanks in advance.

wrinx
20-06-12, 19:56
Post the 'grale pics :cool:

wrinx

David ARTC-215
20-06-12, 20:56
Post the 'grale pics :cool:

wrinx

Ok. Tomorrow I upload the pictures of Grale ;)

Steve Webb
20-06-12, 21:59
Everyone loves a couple of Grale pics. :thumb:

David ARTC-215
23-06-12, 09:02
Grale pics upload ;)

abarth 22
28-10-12, 10:22
Hi David! nice car!
can you tell me from which car are those rear calipers?? can you upload some images of mounting them? have you also changed master brake cylinder? rear brake regulator?

i have AR 159 4 pot calipers front with AR166 310mm rotors, and i thinking about put front 284mm disc rear with AR 159 rear calipers maybe

David ARTC-215
05-12-12, 09:48
Hi Abarth22. I'm sorry for not answering earlier.

My rear calipers are from the Mazda RX7 FD3.

In my case, I did not replace the master cylinder and not install a rear brake regulator because I wanted to know to what extent would improve just changing brake discs / calipers / reinforced hoses.

Given that the front brake system I have also replaced, the improvement was equivalent. Very rarely I go to the maximum with the car, so that I'm content with the result.

To compare the performance numbers:

- Power OEM front brake system in brake tester: 3.2kN.

- Power of the new front brake system in brake tester (Brembo calipers Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo/ 305mm rotors, ventilated/reinforced hoses): 3.7kN.

- Power OEM rear brake system in brake tester: 1.2kN.

- Power of the new rear brake system in brake tester (Rear calipers of the Marza RX7 FD3/285mm rotors, ventilated (OEM rotors of the 155Q4)/reinforced hoses): 1.7kN.

Also I have to say, that new brake pads had 0km when I auditioned in brake tester, (I did not have time to do the shoot.) Now the braking has improved more, although I do not have numbers.

I'm gonna make a selection of photos.

If you need to know anything else feel free to ask.

Greetings.

abarth 22
08-12-12, 07:55
hi David thanks for great infos, but I'm courius, if OEM brakes have braking ratio 2.6 : 1 (front/rear) and you have 2.1 : 1 ratio with new brake system, isn't that a little bit more braking power to the rear axle? maybe it still need brake regulator? what do you think?

and how is it feel on paddle with OEM master cylinder, is there a soft brake with long travel or is it ok? some people have replace master cylinder from 166 which have 25.4mm comparing to Q4 OEM which have 22.2mm diametar...

I'm putting AR 159 front Brembo calipers with 310mm discs, so I want to know what to make with the rest parts of the brakes to be perfect. :)

Greetings!

David ARTC-215
08-12-12, 10:11
Surely is absolutely right. But I can not guarantee the outcome in practice because since we entered the crisis, I have not done any long trip. :(

I am totally convinced that replace the OEM master cylinder by the Alfa166 gives greater efficiency. (It's a "Pending task" that I have).

Also, install a larger diameter rotor, provides more leverage (with the same pressure), and less warming to have more surface friction. (Depending on the behavior to the master cylinder Alfa166, I installing rotors of 315 or 330mm in the future).

For now, what I can say is if you touch the brake pedal, is comfortable and the response is good with normal driving.

I wish I could provide you with more information of when driving the car with sport driving, but I can not. I'm sorry. But I think your project has "good color." :thumb::thumb::thumb:

David ARTC-215
08-12-12, 10:19
Please, I beg you explain a bit more that's: braking ratio, and as you know the data (2.6:1 or 2.1:1). Thanks in advance. I use a translator of English and specific data do not translate well.

abarth 22
09-12-12, 17:43
I see you have many cars so it's difficult invest in every one especially with crisis, it's similar situation in Croatia...

As far as the braking power ratio, I have just calculated according your infos from brake tester which you are made.
but I think i have seen somewere OEM braking power ratio between axles for Q4 in procent.

is there some special reason why you want to put larger rotors in front? I think maybe you just need an brake regulator to reduce little bit rear axle braking power....

I wonder how is that problem solved on coupe 20vT compared to coupe 16vT for example, both of this two cars have same rear brakes, same master cylinder, but 20vT have larger rotors, larger pads, more calipers in front... so it must be disturbed ratio. is it only adjusted regulator or something else?

my english is also with help from google translater so I hope you understand me :)