PDA

View Full Version : Ronin

Marku60
03-07-11, 19:24
Just watched the excellent movie "Ronin" on the flight to Uk from Kathmandu. For those not aware it is about a plot to get a box containing "something" and it ends up with irish, russian, italian criminals all involved trying to get hold of this mysterious box.
So it made me wonder what Italian car i would choose if I wanted a low-key vehicle for such inevitable car chases! It would have to be reliable so it wouldn't let me down at the critical moment (maybe that's why they chose a big Audi!), but at the same time it would need to be fast. I wouldnt want it to stand-out too much though, and four doors would be necessary to carry my heavies with me! Any thoughts? Lancia Thema 8.32? Alfa 166 3 litre? Maserati Quattroporte seems like a good don's car, but maybe too expensive to throw around like these guys do.

Steve Webb
03-07-11, 19:34
Does a Lambo LM002 count as low key? Although it would have to be a short chase given the fuel consumption of one of those.

Would have to be the Quattroporte for me, much easier to do the lurid tail-slides with RWD.

Marku60
03-07-11, 20:25
Not sure u would get the Lambo through some of the narrow streets - the baddies would escape too easily!!

Steve Webb
04-07-11, 07:44
After watching Top gear last night I think you might be right. Remind me never to drive to Lucca.
Can I change my answer to 3 Fiat 500 Abarths, in red white and green. Sort of inverse Italian Job.