PDA

View Full Version : testing at Heathcote Park Raceway

jimnielsen
14-03-11, 06:42
Took the Q4 to Heathcote park raceway today - its only a few kms from my house actually, but I didn't realize that one could test there.. anyway I was there to bed in the new engine, and test the boost control and the brakes (sans ABS). It all went very well really, once we connected the boost control valve properly.

first we tested the AFR's to see that they agreed with each other..

YouTube - afrduel

then we did some laps..

YouTube - Heathcote park testing

the track is bumpy so the video quality is poor..

a view from outside..

YouTube - heathcotepark.AVI

Steve Webb
14-03-11, 07:35
Seems to go pretty well Jim, what exhaust are you running as you car sounds very different outside to what it does inside.

Laps, at a drag strip? Whats the course like, 2 straights connected by 2 very tight hairpins?
:thumbsup:

Are you still on course for your next outing to the track?

Xti
14-03-11, 07:41
Glad you've made it again, Jim. Congrats.

Nice tracks you have there.

jimnielsen
14-03-11, 09:54
yes, I had to go pretty slow at the 'corners' but it works for what I was doing today. The exhaust is 3" ss tube with a straight through muffler at the very end. very simple.

Brul(tm)
14-03-11, 11:34
Well done Jim :thumbsup::clap:
This is good for my motivation to start doing something again. :blush:

Regards,
Marc

1NRO
14-03-11, 21:26
Superb Jim, your a legend for getting it all rebuilt as quick as you have and getting it back in use, superb.

Shame you'll have to tear into it again!

jimnielsen
14-03-11, 22:20
Nik - I am planning on using the 'nylon rope trick' to replace the valve springs whilst leaving the head on! I am going to set up a dummy of this with my spare engine to make sure I can make it work first though!

jim~