PDA

View Full Version : remap

mpampis_
03-03-11, 18:34
hello guys, as i see here http://www.berlinasportivo.com/Technical/ECU/q4ecu.php
there is the prograle bin for our Q4. does anybody test it? because i saw the differences with the stock one but i am worried about the injection timing table. thanks guys

mpampis_
04-03-11, 11:12
i guess that no one has tested it

Brul(tm)
04-03-11, 14:41
I have a Squadra chip fitted that operates within the save margins of the stock engine and components. Not familiar with the changes made in this mapping.

Regards,
Marc

mpampis_
04-03-11, 18:21
Scuadra is protected I think. Have you hack it?

wrinx
04-03-11, 20:17
Some of the Fiat Coupe boys run the Prograle chip.

Jim might have some feedback for you???

wrinx

mpampis_
04-03-11, 20:26
the prograle chip that i wrote above? that it is here? http://www.berlinasportivo.com/Technical/ECU/q4ecu.php

wrinx
04-03-11, 20:55
There is a lot of doubt about some of these chips, they can overfuel and cause problems...but I stress, I know very little about the subject and haven't tried them.

This chap isn't impressed though:
http://www.lanciahf.eu/bin_files.html

wrinx

mpampis_
04-03-11, 21:07
i know, thank you guys, basicly the only i would like to know is the advance limit withought knocking at about 1.1- 1.3 boost pressure and at the part throttle too

Brul(tm)
04-03-11, 21:10
Scuadra is protected I think. Have you hack it?

All Squadra chip are protected and I have no intentions of hacking it. I love the work Stephan is doing and the effort he has put into the combi-prom. I'll be working with him in the future if and when my engine project is finnished. He will reprogram the combi-prom.

Regards,
Marc

Steve Webb
04-03-11, 23:01
There is a lot of doubt about some of these chips, they can overfuel and cause problems...but I stress, I know very little about the subject and haven't tried them.

This chap isn't impressed though:
http://www.lanciahf.eu/bin_files.html

wrinx

He certainly doesn't like those chips does he. However he is quick to pick up on the limitations of the maps used but doesn't elaborate at all on how he would improve upon them.

Its easy to criticise the work people do, its less easy to put forward improvements and alternatives, especially well reasoned alternatives.

Brul(tm)
05-03-11, 07:42
its less easy to put forward improvements and alternatives, especially well reasoned alternatives.

This is excectly why you want a Squadra chip:icon_wink: Stephan from Squadra tunning keeps in mind the save margins of whats possible with a stock engine. Eventually you should put every engine / car in a session to provide a custom mapping for that engine.
This isn't always possible, so that's why a (standard) chip from Squadra is an excelent choice and provides great value for money in my opinion.

Regards,
Marc

mpampis_
05-03-11, 08:58
Yes I know that, protection is everything. I can change the maps, I mean that I the chip I have now I made it my own and in these chips the boost limit it is off (1.50 bar). The only I was wondering is that if I could keep the values in the injection, the advance and the injection timing tables. I can reduce the boost limit so that's why I asked if anyone try it. Just to know that the engine doesn't knock at 1.1- 1.2 bar boost.

Steve Webb
05-03-11, 08:59
This is excectly why you want a Squadra chip:icon_wink: Stephan from Squadra tunning keeps in mind the save margins of whats possible with a stock engine. Eventually you should put every engine / car in a session to provide a custom mapping for that engine.
This isn't always possible, so that's why a (standard) chip from Squadra is an excelent choice and provides great value for money in my opinion.

Regards,
Marc

Are you on comission from them Marc? :icon_wink:

Brul(tm)
05-03-11, 15:02
Are you on comission from them Marc? :icon_wink:

I wish ;) No I have absolutly nothing to do with them, but like the way they work. I have been at Squadra tunning when they installed the combi-prom, after they did some research with the examiner to figure out if the engine is fit enough. They work in an open and honest way, if it ain't possible they will tell you.

Regards,
Marc

wrinx
06-03-11, 01:18
Bugger...there goes my discounted chip :roll:

wrinx