PDA

View Full Version : Website update.

Steve Webb
11-02-11, 12:28
As you know we're in the middle of doing a full update to the website, so is there anything you'd like to see on there, or any changes you'd like made?
Just let me know and I'll see if we can oblige.

jimnielsen
11-02-11, 21:30
live chat between members within the website...

Steve Webb
11-02-11, 23:01
Thats probably something best done within the forum, I'll take a look into.

Steve Webb
13-02-11, 22:52
The new website is now live, it can be found at www.berlinasportivo.com if any of you have any probs with it, please let me know.

Steve

juamin
14-02-11, 00:55
thanx steve!

Ditlev
15-02-11, 15:58
Personally I am not a big fan of the intro. IMO It is a pain to have to wait to pick where to go. Also it is kinda hard to spot the text in the picture.

I like the new layout on the frontpage, much easier to get an overview of the page. Although it is a bit bland with the white background.

How are you making the page? Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Notepad?

Steve Webb
16-02-11, 10:52
I did the whole thing in dreamweaver, its all based on templates so so some things can be easily changed.

With respect to the intro, one reason that is there is because of the 'simple' style of the site. Would people prefer the links outside of the flash, allowing you to click through before the intro loads up?

wrinx
16-02-11, 18:28
That'd make sense, like the "skip intro" links you normally see.

wrinx

Steve Webb
17-02-11, 22:50
Right I've added a couple of links under the intro, and there are also some new articles in the magazine section. A couple in the 155 road section, one in the 75 section and one in the Engineering\design.

Enjoy

Steve

Steve Webb
01-03-11, 20:22
I have just added a trial chat room to the website, not sure how long it is going to stay as the free option of the chatroom has severely limited functionality.

Please take a look at the room, you can click on the chat button on the top navigation bar, let me know what you think about it.

Steve

wrinx
01-03-11, 23:06
Button just goes the their website not a chat room...or am I missing something?

wrinx

Steve Webb
02-03-11, 08:54
Sounds weird, when I click either the button on the top menu bar or the one at the bottom of the page I get a popup window which contains a chat room for the site.
When you hover over the link it looks like you only go through to the homepage of flashchat, but click it and it takes you to the room.

What browser etc are you using?

wrinx
02-03-11, 09:13
It's working now...perhaps just a browser/cookie issue, I'm on Firefox which sometimes takes a while to update when I'm doing my own sites.

wrinx

Steve Webb
16-03-11, 10:08
Hi all

I've just found a couple of pages that got lost when I redesigned the website. These have now been copied across and are available again.

The pages can be accessed by the Alfa 155 & Q4 Workshop page, HERE (http://www.berlinasportivo.com/pages/wshop155.php) and they are the technical article on the Viscous coupling used by the Q4 and Integrale, and also the pages on the Q4 Ecu and the various Hexmaps, both standard and tuned.

If anyone has any other maps used by the Lampreti engines, or others, please send them through to me at Steve@berlinasportivo.com and I will get them uploaded and added to the page.

Cheers.

Steve Webb
04-07-11, 09:52
Just found a couple of pages from the old website that got missed when I did the revamp. They are now back on the website and accessible from the menu on the left of the page on the 'Features' link.

Jan
06-07-11, 20:16
sorry Steve, can't find the features link :lipsrsealed:

Steve Webb
06-07-11, 21:01
http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/features.jpg

Does this help?