PDA

View Full Version : What state is your Q4 in at the moment?

Steve Webb
02-02-11, 19:19
As the title says, how road ready is your Q4? Stuck in the garage or A1 condition?

biggie_
02-02-11, 22:02
Fortunately i can say i can use it as a "daily car", i'm using my 156 GTA during one week and next week the 155 Q4, and successively ;)

AlfaJack
02-02-11, 23:22
On the road - needs a really good wash though.

wrinx
03-02-11, 23:24
Awww, what a mean thread :(

Mine is under a blue tarpauline...not moved far for nearly a year....needs welding to the rear arches and one sill :(

Sad :(

wrinx

jimnielsen
04-02-11, 00:36
finally, my Q4 is ready to go to the dyno next Wednesday.. or so I hope baring any last minute problems..So far this summer I have..

Changed the head-gasket to a Cometic one.
Completely removed all the original wiring and replaced it with a simpler system.
Changed the ECU from the standard IAW one to an Autronic SM4.
Removed the ABS braking system and standard bias valve and replaced it with a simple adjustable one.

So obviously there is a LOT that could go wrong in its first run...

RMB-Racing
04-02-11, 17:54
Mine is completely disassembled at the moment - and will unfortunately stay this way for the next year or two...

Brul(tm)
04-02-11, 20:59
Mine is completely disassembled at the moment - and will unfortunately stay this way for the next year or two...

Working on that, though I hope to get started again real soon. I am afraid it might take a while for real progress on the project......

Regards,
Marc

mpampis_
05-02-11, 12:14
it is on the road every day! i just finished with the turbine problem i had (the port of the wastegate was to small to take out the less preasure) i have a T3/T4 and today i make first run at 1 bar (1,2 overboost).... perfect day today

Integrale
06-02-11, 12:24
Mine is also in the garage, wathing for fitting of new turbo, new air hoses, moving of battery, timing adjustments and some paint .....
Right now i dont have to mutch inspiration:help:

Michael_kal
08-02-11, 14:29
Hello,

mine is still waiting for the summer in the garage, since more than a year. Due to clutch problems I was not able to drive last year.
But the condition of the car is fine. No issues so far. It still needs some fine tuning on the D2 suspension.

Regards Michael

Ditlev
10-02-11, 09:23
In the garage... waiting for the summer to come! :D

ecl
11-02-11, 07:25
put away for the winter. needs welding of back arches and a bit underneath. and better temp control. runs fine though, think a might start it up this weekend :D

Ade
23-02-11, 10:41
waiting for it to be fixed!

David ARTC-215
28-05-12, 12:39
Finishing the interior, and in the absence of short springs.

the wombat
28-05-12, 14:30
Taxed, MOTed, on the road and in good working order - pretty much A1 condition.

there are a list of things I would like to do to it (posted on the 'list of things to do' thread)

There is still a very small oil drip which looks to be coming from the transfer cases. I was under it today trying to undo oil cooler pipes, and on inspection, I think there are 2 bolts missing from the bottom of the transfer box and thats where the oil is seeping through. Need to get some appropriate length bolts to fix it.

wrinx
28-05-12, 19:28
Awww, what a mean thread :(

Mine is under a blue tarpauline...not moved far for nearly a year....needs welding to the rear arches and one sill :(

Sad :(

wrinx

Update....the car now has had the welding done, wide rear quarters fitted, a new MOMO Zagato steering wheel and a plan for a new spoiler!

Oh...and it's MOT'd and will be taxed at the end of the month, ready for the UK anniversary bash, but it's certainly not going to be the best there :oops:

wrinx

Varypodaros
29-05-12, 10:30
ready for the UK anniversary bash, but it's certainly not going to be the best there :oops:

wrinx

it's a Q4, it is one of the best 155, worldwide. :cool:

rumbler
04-06-12, 18:42
I can use it as a daily driver, LPG kit fitted and, remapped. I can get 1,5 Bars boost either LPG or gasoline but as I am using standard head gasket I prefer to get 1,2 Bars peak, 1,1 Bars continious. Fuel consumption is 20 Liters / 100 kms city ride, so not so economical choice but as LPG has a higher octane rate the engine is more stable and never knocks at higher revs and boosting.
A/C is not working due to a damaged pipe and will be replaced very soon.
Reverse light sensor has to be replaced but I couldn't be able to find a suitable one. (Does anyone have it? I can pay with Paypal...)
It needs to be re-painted for the sun burns on the roof.
Otherwise it looks original apart from the wheels (They are exact same size with 15" Speedlines.) even the exhaust.
It has a Graham Goode BOV, cold air intake, brand new old stock genuine Alfa Romeo mahogany momo steering wheel and gear knob.
Every trim is in mint condition apart from the front ashtray and lighter; I am going to replace them as soon as possible. No non-working bulbs, no holes, no scratches on the interior trim and looks like brand new all around.
The viscous, gearbox, rear diff, front and rear axles, drive shaft, clutch freshly replaced with a low mileage and well cared crushed cars parts. Engine freshly rebuilt and just the engine block itself, intake maniold and rocker cover is coming from factory default other parts are completely brand new.
I am planning to replace the clutch master and slave cylinders as the pedal is getting hard to press.
By the way 0 - 100 Km/h is below 7,0 and more than 6,5 secs.

Steve Webb
04-06-12, 19:56
Be interested to hear some more about your LPG install.

Glad to hear that all the trim is in good condition as well. Although I'm not a big fan of wooden steering wheels in modern cars to be honest.

Integrale
06-06-12, 21:06
Today I have taken the car out for a test drive. 100km without problem's. Engine is dry outside, coolant temp and oil temp is perfect. Good oil pressure. Only problem is back fire when I try to start and it will not start when the engine is hot :wah:. It moves forward slowly....

Steve Webb
06-06-12, 21:08
Well at least you are moving in the right direction. Lets hope you get the starting issues sorted soon.

wrinx
06-06-12, 21:35
Only problem is back fire when I try to start and it will not start when the engine is hot :wah:

Sounds like the rest of us :lol:

Have you tried putting your foot on the accelerator when it's hot?

wrinx

wrinx
06-06-12, 21:36
it's a Q4, it is one of the best 155, worldwide. :cool:

:clap:

wrinx

Integrale
07-06-12, 21:35
Sounds like the rest of us :lol:

Have you tried putting your foot on the accelerator when it's hot?

wrinx

Yes :blink: and the "BANG" I get then is :banned::blink:. I need to adjust the turbo & fuel pressure. Then reprogramming the ECU, hopefully that will fix the problem

Alfa_Ahead82
12-06-12, 10:10
My Q4 is in my garage. I've this car from 4 years, it needs a lot of work. more than 200000 km, it is repainted with a "broom" and before I buy, it was for 4 years in a grass (some rust under the body). When I have some time and money I want to strip down all and completely remove all the rust from the body, completely check all mechanical parts and a tuned up engine :hyper: .......... I hope to begin early.......

Brul(tm)
12-06-12, 10:51
Hmmm, a picture says it all ;)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n288/BrulTM/Alfa%20155%20Q4%20repair/Demontage/IMG_0110.jpg

It's been like this for quite a while now. :blush:

arguti
26-06-12, 09:13
My widebody Q4 has been used a daily driver for last two weeks, various diff leaks, etc recently sorted out and due for a MOT next month.

Skinny Q4 (waterspray one -series 1?) still garaged with rotten rear quarters and sills awaiting restoration at some point in the distant far future.

Ex-Swiss rustfree Q4 widebody chassis shell lying in bodyshop other side of the UK with most of engine and gearbox in boxes - not going anywhere.

rumbler
03-07-12, 17:34
Be interested to hear some more about your LPG install.

Glad to hear that all the trim is in good condition as well. Although I'm not a big fan of wooden steering wheels in modern cars to be honest.

In fact, I don't like wooden trims in modern sports cars either, but I prefer brand new steering wheel and gear knob than reconditioned ones. As they have a dark color they seem quite ok in my car. I will upload some photos for you to see.

About the LPG setup I really don't recommend any of us to do, I pulled out the LPG kit from the car when the engine was rebuilding but I had to re-install a kit because doing the paperwork is more expensive than a kit... I don't like to drive my car with LPG (A little reminder: The most expensive fuel in the world is in Turkey.) but when cruising it is very safe. (Of course it is safe while boosting but I don't prefer.) I have a friend who is really a pro about remapping and lpg installs and he took his time while remapping my car with fuel or LPG. As I said before I can get boosts like 1,5 Bars with Q4's original turbo even with fuel or lpg. In fact, it sometimes knocks a little with fuel but never knocks with lpg because of the higher octane rate of lpg.

q4fatboy
24-07-12, 22:06
Mine hopefully will be emerging from a 6-8 month recommission after being of the road for a year or two. It already has MOT, Road Tax and insurance and has had a good shakedown run which identified a few other issues.