PDA

View Full Version : lancia kappa inlet manifold

peter holst
12-10-10, 15:59
I am going to install my kappa manifold - what is needed to do that?
it looks like it is nessery to cut of the metal (don?tknow the word) that the orginal manifold is bolted on (hope you understand)

j1v
12-10-10, 19:03
You'll need a fuel rail too, as the q4's does not fit. I don't know about the original fuel rail from kappa, as I never had one. I made a custom rail.

I had to grind some bumps off the head, right in front of the injectors too.

Good luck ;)

jimnielsen
13-10-10, 11:03
peter, what about taking some pictures of the process...I hope to install a kappa inlet manifold one day myself, if I can ever find one..

cheers, jim.

mindus
13-10-10, 19:20
You have to remove the 4 mounting points on top of the head where the OEM manifold is fixed. See the last picture. Those bits do not allow to instal injectors.

Also, you will have to clog one large hole which you will not need (if you will use OEM throttle unit). I unscrued the metal tube and screwed a custom bolt (don't remember the diameter, but it is very large).

Most likely you will not use all the smal bores/connections for the small vacuume hoses, but that's easy.

And you will have to relocate ignition coils and FPR. Also, as mentioned by the guys before, you will have to make new/modify the old fuel rail or find fuel rail from the same kappa manifold...

peter holst
14-10-10, 08:40
I would like very much not to use the small vacume hoses, but how is that possible and witch ones is for vacume?

mindus
14-10-10, 16:56
As far as I remember, yuo will need one for MAP, one for FPR, one for BOV. Small silicone vacuume hoses don't cause any problem, why should you be afraid of those?

Also, I don't know if the Kappa air temperature sensor mounted in the manifold gives the same values for ECU. I changed it to Q4 sensor, for that you need to rebore and make a new thread for the sensor, since Q4 temperature sensor is of different diameter than Kappa.

peter holst
14-10-10, 17:28
very usefull information - thanks

colibry
14-10-10, 18:43
sorry for off topic.

What are the diffrences from kappa inlet and grale 16V inlet?

Evodelta
15-10-10, 12:35
sorry for off topic.

What are the diffrences from kappa inlet and grale 16V inlet?

About 6 cfm at 10" of depression.

WhizzMan
15-10-10, 19:45
What if the grale and Q4 inlets were properly machined? Wouldn't that make them better?

peter holst
16-10-10, 11:50
yes, but the grale one will always be better than the Q4 one - going to sell my grale manifold now. you could read about at the homepage af Guy Croft

Evodelta
16-10-10, 13:37
Anything can be improved.

The integrale 16v manifold is no better (from a flow perspective) than that of the Q4.

1NRO
17-10-10, 18:59
Still something wrong with that flow bench Martin.

The biggest difference is the runner length and angle of flow. All the factory manifolds suffer a similar problem, the runner cross section is consistant down their length, no taper worth speaking of, the best in this respect is the Kappa manifold but mainly due to it's shape from circular to oval over a short length.

peter holst
29-11-10, 19:52
what parts has to be moved instaling the kappa manifold and where do you place them?

Steve Webb
30-09-12, 19:24
Right, resurrecting this thread due to me doing the swap at the moment. Still ripping pieces apart right now, but one thing struck me as I was looking at all the oily/rusty bits. With the Kappa inlet manifold in place, am I still going to be able to fit the Sparco strut brace?

I know mpampis_ has the kappa manifold and brace fitted, but his manifold is cut down in length.

Anyone know if it all fits for definite?

peter holst
30-09-12, 19:35
There is very little place for the struts brace but it is possible. It is to Claes in my opinion as the brace touch the manifold