PDA

View Full Version : D2 dampers again

peter holst
29-09-10, 07:00
I,m going to buy a set from D2. I would like to know if I am going to buy a street or a track version
has anybody bought the track version?

WhizzMan
29-09-10, 07:57
The street version has too weak rear springs, since it's based on the V6. Q4Jan has replaced those with I believe Eibach ones. I've been in his car and I found it not uncomfortable at all to be a passenger in. He uses it for normal road use, including driving his wife and kids around. The street setup may be an improvement on the stock suspension, but for track use and/or high powered cars (300BHP+) I would get a much stiffer kit. Be aware there is no height adjustment on the rear possible with the D2 kit. I was going to buy the track version, but backed out after the height issue for the rear appeared, so I have no personal experience on how much more stiff the track setup is.

peter holst
29-09-10, 08:59
I belive mine has got about 400 hp

jimnielsen
29-09-10, 11:10
Peter, you'll need the track version, however the springs in the D2 track 'kit' that some of us bought are useless for the track (in my opinion). They are just far too soft. I am using the D2 track kit with 650 lb springs on the front and 500 on the rear. height adjustment on the rears is by cutting the springs which is quite easy because of the way that the lower spring platform is designed. I am using King springs - their catalogue is online.

.. as well, you need about 4.5 degrees neg camber with R tyres or 5.5 with radial slicks - you cant get anywhere near this amount with the D2 top plates so you also need to use camber bolts on the strut leg....

cheers, jim.

peter holst
29-09-10, 12:00
I wanted the D2 mostly because of the camber top plates. think I may use my old yellow Koni dampers