PDA

View Full Version : Installing an Innovate LC1 wideband lambda controller

biggie_
03-01-10, 11:44
Hi mates,

I just have bought one of these for my car, and before trying to install it i want to ask you, if somebody has any installed on his car, can you give me some advice and explain his experience installing it, it's easy or very difficult?

Where do you think is the best place to fit the LC1's body, as its manual sais ..."Find a suitable location under your vehicle where the LC-1 body can be mounted. Using
zip ties or other suitable method, fasten the body of the LC-1 device securely to the frame-
rails or other mounting points as far away from the heat of the exhaust system as the sensor
cable allows"... so where have you fitted it?

Many thanks mates! ;)

jimnielsen
03-01-10, 21:48
Biggie, I have an LC-1. Would not drive the car without it. The easiest way to mount it is to remove the section of exhaust below the extractors and weld on a new bung about 2" below the one for the existing lambda sensor. Just cable-tie the LC-1 body to something in the engine bay. You don't want it fixed to hare, because you have to recalibrate it now and again. The LC-1 is VERY sensitive to ground disturbance. Connect it to a suitable ground and do not move it from that location, or add other grounds to that point. If you are using a datalogger that is connected to the LC-1 (to log Lambda) you must connect the ground of the datalogger to the same point as the LC-1.

What are you using to actually display the AFR values in the cabin?

jim ~

biggie_
08-01-10, 22:15
Hi Jim,

first of all i have to say that i'm a rookie on this issues, and dont know if will be able to fit it, however i will try it, that's the reason that any help or advice will be very apreciated ;)

I forget to say before that my car is going with an 3" straight line exhaust system since the downpipe to the rear silencer, don't know if it changes something...

then, when you say...
... The easiest way to mount it is to remove the section of exhaust below the extractors and weld on a new bung about 2" below the one for the existing lambda sensor... you mean that i have to put the O2 sensor below the original lambda sensor? do you have any pics of the system mounted on your car?

What are you using to actually display the AFR values in the cabin?

I have bought the "kit" on ebay, this is the item i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370307473046&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT comes with a red gauge, still haven't fitted on my car ;)