PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Phillip Island Today..

jimnielsen
13-12-09, 10:58
Unfortunately the car performed poorly, I have some weird fuel pressure problem where the fuel pressure is rising right up as far as 5 bar! Hmm.. I am using the standard reg adjusted to 3 bar - it idles at 3 bar.. but under boost the fuel is all over the place..

Any ideas??

1NRO
13-12-09, 19:25
Your car looks super clean and not a little mean.

Regulator goosed maybe? Too high a boost level for the regulator to keep up with? base pressure set with vacuum pipe off?

jimnielsen
14-12-09, 05:45
Found the problem... the in-tank fuel pump (that I am using as a lift pump) stopped working. However, I soon found that the issue is related to some wiring, not the pump itself - so I have bypassed that and now it should be fine....I hope !

jim ~

SteveNZ
14-12-09, 08:07
Awesome, did you get any decent time in before the problems? Any in-car footage?

I'll have to get my own car one of these days and join in.

jimnielsen
14-12-09, 10:36
No, Steve, it was a complete waste of a weekend - and a lot of money :(..

Hopefully I have it sorted now.. MSCA Sandown Jan 31st 2010.. seems a long way off..

jim ~

SteveNZ
17-12-09, 09:54
I'll try and make it down there :smile:

jimnielsen
19-12-09, 00:15
I have now found out what the problem really was... (Grrr..) - the stupid 'inertia switch' that controls the in-tank fuel pump (that is usually under the drivers seat) had tripped... I had moved it putting in a new drivers seat - and I (think) I checked that it was not tripped - but I reinstalled it in the 'lying down' position rater than upright - so that, or the fact that the car has quite (VERY) stiff springs had tripped it. So a complete weekend ruined because I didn't work out to press that button ! :(

arjunior45
19-12-09, 09:17
So a complete weekend ruined because I didn't work out to press that button ! :(

you are not the only one. Had the same 'problem' a couple of years ago and there was another guy from the club, with another wb Q4 that just pressed the button and ...

wrinx
19-12-09, 12:33
So a complete weekend ruined because I didn't work out to press that button ! :(

Doh!

I was thinking fuel pump...the inertia switch is rarely at fault, but as you suggest, it may be your set-up causing it :doh:

wrinx