PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge reading

Brul(tm)
24-11-09, 21:04
Quick question for you guys.
I've used the search, probably with the wrong key words :redface:

Well, the engine is running again :cool:
When idling I see -0,45 bar on the gauge, but I don't have a clue what is normal? Also I see a -0,8 bar when slowing down on the engine.

I couldn't get a higher boost than 0,6 bar, while accelerating when I drove home. The elbow on the intake was leaking, old petrol in the tank (almost 2 years old) and old spark plugs. The hose and the spark plugs are replaced, the engine runs a lot better now, but still noisy. Unfortunatly I can't go on the road for a testdrive, no tax and no insurance nor MOT.

Greetings,
Marc

SteveNZ
25-11-09, 06:42
What is your question exactly?

wrinx
25-11-09, 07:49
What are the boost gauge readings at idle and when decelerating?

wrinx

Brul(tm)
25-11-09, 08:31
What I wanted to know are the reading at idle.
Not that it matters anymore, the engine failed this moring.
Looks like everything is stuck this time. Belt looks fine, don''t know what happend yet.
I'll think it's time to take it appart right know for a rebuild.

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
25-11-09, 18:08
Bad luck again Marc, and just for the record, I get the same boost readings, @ -0.5 at idle going down to @ -0.9 on the overrun.

So is the rebuilt motor going to get some nice shiny new internals?

Brul(tm)
25-11-09, 18:59
So is the rebuilt motor going to get some nice shiny new internals?

That's possible, but depents on the pricing of the shiny parts.
I would like to build a bit more powerful engine, than stock, but I would also like reliability. The car is for fun, no longer a daily driver. And reliability and powerful are normally two things that not always go together.

I have seen some very nice parts in different threads. Especially the parts which are devoloped by Evodelta? But I don't know if they are commercialy available or that I can afford them :redface:

Greetings,
Marc

biggie_
25-11-09, 20:29
sorry to hear that mate, i wish you better luck for the next try.

my bost readings at idle and decelerating are -0,5 and -0,9.

AlfaJack
25-11-09, 21:03
Those readings will be the vacuum created by the cylinders with a closed throttle.