PDA

View Full Version : climate control

ecl
13-11-09, 16:26
my manual is in french, so i don't understand nothing:D

whats the econ button? economy or an italian way of saying aircon?

i always thought my aircon was on when econ was pressed, but another dude told me it was an economy button (aircon compressor off)

please enlighten me:D

wrinx
13-11-09, 17:53
Economy :)

From memory, I think the climate control is on (automatically adjusts to set temp) but the aircon is off.

Will check though...

wrinx

wrinx
13-11-09, 18:01
From the handbook...

"ECON" = Conditioner off button

The temperature is no longer kept constant as the incoming air cannot be cooled...so I was wrong about that bit :)

wrinx

ecl
14-11-09, 16:53

when my econ button is not on, (aircon on) then my idle drops and gains 200 rpm constant, like somthing is turned on and off constantly, is this normal?

wrinx
14-11-09, 17:22
It sounds ok, the aircon compressor will put extra load on the engine, which needs a few mores revs.

wrinx

arjunior45
15-11-09, 07:47
normally with air condition on or off, you should have a constant idle speed and the same one {rpm} all the time . It's the ecu that must 'adjust' fuelling and air {through ICV} when A/C is on {extra load}.
With my idle problems {inlet manifold gasket broken} I use to open the A/C to LOWER the idle by 200 rpm. So, give a clean to your ICV and check for any air leaks.

With ECON I believe that the air con compressor is kept 'off' and {If I'm not mistaking} you can use ECON only in winter time when you heat the cockpit and not when you need to cooler the one {summer time}.

na15575
15-11-09, 08:36
you can use the econ every time you want to make economy winter or summer
on winter the compressor is off and the heating gomes from the engines water this is econ
if you dont have the econ then the compressor is trying to produce heat this is not econ but it is fast heating.
on summer the econ can bring fresh air inside the car

arjunior45
15-11-09, 14:02
on summer the econ can bring fresh air inside the car

How? I thought {I was told} that bringing fresh air inside the car was not possible. How do you do that? Which settings do you use?

na15575
16-11-09, 12:11
How? I thought {I was told} that bringing fresh air inside the car was not possible. How do you do that? Which settings do you use?

you only must set the temp to a lower than the ambient usually 17celc or the low then you press the econ the compr stop running
the recirculation must be to the outside
and you can adjust the fan speed manually to the desired
if you close the fan then the air come inside departing on the speed

arjunior45
16-11-09, 14:48
Thanks Nick, I'll try this

na15575
16-11-09, 15:42
if the air doesn't come from the outside depending on the speed
then you have a problem with the recirculation damper they usually brake and they stay
to one position so you have always fresh air or always no fresh air