PDA

View Full Version : hood scoop

duka
08-11-09, 20:05
im planing in the near future to have a hood scoop on my Q4(the same as on this attached picture)i think it looks pretty fine....but i dont know what it will do to air flow below the hood...is there a possibility of bad air flow and bad engine cooling?i was thinking also of a roof scoop but first thing first...

Varypodaros
08-11-09, 20:19
don't do that... I 've seen a 155 with a integrale style hood scoop. it was very nice and not so fancy...

Brul(tm)
09-11-09, 05:31
I don't like the looks of this :tapedshut:
This center item doesn't belong on th e hood :rolleyes:
Spoke with the owner a couple of times on the track at Zandvoort during Spectacalo Sportivo event.
He told me that this was for a more cool air flow and it seems to work.

The Lancia Delta integrale hood scoop is a more subtle one, which I would consider.

Greetings,
Marc

arjunior45
09-11-09, 06:58
The 2 side one {left and right} can take the hot air out but the central one will guide fresh air just on the camcover and the inlet plenum?

ecl
13-11-09, 16:31
scoops can be bad, causing turbulence under the hood, actually making the car run worse.

if done correctly it could work fine though, i don't like the look of it, but there's probably something wrong with me anyway:D

07-12-09, 10:57
I would recommend something like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo opening above the exhaust manifold. That would do a good job. I've had plans for a while for something like the two side ventilations in your picture, but one big in the middle section.