PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust idea

Steve Webb
09-10-09, 06:40
Hey everybody, I'm back, and I've got an idea. Whilst trawling through the net I came across these : Exhaust cut outs (http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php) , they are designed to be operable from inside the car, and I was thinking that if you replaced one cat with a straight through pipe and used one of these, you could close the valve when the car needed to pass emissions tests or for just running around, and open it when you wanted a fully flowing exhaust?
Or of course you could go the whole way and place it further forward in the system so you can effectively run open headers!!

Price wise they are @ ?200 for a full setup for a 2.5" system. So not cheap!

SteveNZ
09-10-09, 13:19
They would be picked up during an inspection for sure. In NZ at least they would be illegal.

Steve Webb
10-10-09, 07:39
I think the rules are a little more lax over here in parts of Europe. So long as the emissions are within limits when tested you'll get a pass.

RMB-Racing
10-10-09, 07:48
I think the rules are a little more lax over here in parts of Europe. So long as the emissions are within limits when tested you'll get a pass.

As well as the sound limit is in order! But that would not be a problem, until you put "the pedal to the metal"..:cool:

I now that several streetrace cars here in Denmark, are having such a device. So it definitely works!