PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler fittings...

jimnielsen
26-05-09, 06:36
Does anybody know what the standard oil cooler (oil radiator) fittings that are on the Q4 are called - for example are they 'AN 10' or 'AN-8' or perhaps dash 8 or 10?

I am going to be using a 2nd oil cooler and I need to join it to the existing one with the same type of fittings - so it will be helpful to know what they are before I try and get some!

thanks..

jimn~

wrinx
26-05-09, 09:24
No idea, I tried bodging a connector (read: turning a special bit!) for the oil cooler on my old V6, it failed miserably and chucked the contents of the sump all over the road...twice!!!

I'd suggest taking the whole lot down to a hydraulics place and get them to make up some "proper" connectors as they're usually crimped to the pipe.

wrinx

AlfaJack
26-05-09, 09:39
Do you mean the thread sizes of the oil cooler connections?

If so, they are M22 with 1.5 pitch

http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/showpost.php?p=7993&postcount=2

arjunior45
26-05-09, 10:06
I think they are M22 / 1,5 too. If you are not in a hurry I'll check them soon, when I'll feet the fan. In a week or so.

arjunior45
26-05-09, 10:09
Do you mean the thread sizes of the oil cooler connections?

If so, they are M22 with 1.5 pitch

http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/showpost.php?p=7993&postcount=2

Out of topic, but thanks for the pictures Jack. I can see the oil thermostat now and that might be useful for me {if I decide to remove that thermostat}.

AlfaJack
26-05-09, 10:10
Out of topic, but thanks for the pictures Jack. I can see the oil thermostat now and that might be useful for me {if I decide to remove that thermostat}.

I have more detailed photos I can post in your thread later this evening :)

jimnielsen
26-05-09, 10:34
Thanks AlfaJack - M22 1.5 - just what I needed to know! (of course if they were actually AN or dash - i'd actually be able to buy some!) But - I will go to the hydraulics place tomorrow so that they can all giggle at my plight!

jimn~