PDA

View Full Version : intake manifold sleeves

arjunior45
09-05-09, 15:16
does anyone know the inner diameter of the intake manifold sleeves?
Which do you think is better? To replace them with silicon ones or to use the 'rubber' oem ones?
I replaced mine just a year ago {with the 'rubber' oem ones} and just in case I need to replace them again I'm thinking of using the silicon ones. That's why I'd like to know their inner diameter.

Nick

AlfaJack
09-05-09, 18:21
I think the OEM ones are fine. They are molded very well to the shape of the intake manifold and the intake runners. I would have been able to check the size last weekend when it was all apart:doh:

arjunior45
09-05-09, 20:51
I think the OEM ones are fine. They are molded very well to the shape of the intake manifold and the intake runners. I would have been able to check the size last weekend when it was all apart:doh:

Thanks for the reply AkfaJack. It's ok, hope that someone else can measure them.
BTW, are these sleeves curved or straight?

Nick

arjunior45
09-05-09, 21:13
x

AlfaJack
09-05-09, 21:22
The rubber connection between the intake manifold and intake tubes are straight but with moldings to secure them nicely..sorry if I am not too clear. I am trying to find a photo.

wrinx
09-05-09, 23:14
Has anyone ever experienced one of the rubbers splitting?

...err, on the inlet manifold of course!

wrinx

arjunior45
10-05-09, 10:59
If I do not have any air leak from the flange we made to block the hole from the removed EGR valve, I'll be the one to have the 1st or 2nd cylinder's rubber split.
I'll be able to tell at the end of next week.

hmmm, the other one happened once, long long time ago, without any ...casualties thank god.