PDA

View Full Version : D2 suspension

peter holst
07-05-09, 15:34
How did it go with the D2 suspension?

I would like to know about your experience with the asphalt/rally version and the street version.

should I be sorry that I didn?n buy it?

I must have a set of coilover dampers so....

mindus
07-05-09, 19:37
There is some feedback on the D2 suspension in the D2 group buy suspension thread in the forum, but you may not be added to the list of members who may access that part of the forum. I think Steve might add you to that list if you'd check with him..

I would recommend to go for something else if you are racing..

Juan AR155Q4
07-05-09, 21:42
Didn?t knew there was a hidden tread on that?
Why is access restricted?

jimnielsen
07-05-09, 22:28
Peter, - the front D2 system works well, except for:

a). The springs as supplied are not stiff enough. I am using 650Lb springs now and this works well.
a1.) The camber adjustment for the front provided by the D2 system is only (about) 3 degrees - in the end, its easier to user camber adjusting offset bolts.

The rear..

b). The springs supplied are no where near stiff enough.
c). The rear shocker has to be disassembled to adjust bump/rebound
e). There is no height adjustment.

That said, it was a very cheap way to get front and rear suspension that works a WORLD better that the standard setup that my car had on the track. I am very pleased that I purchased it.

I think that the D2 thread that is (probably) currently set up so that only the people who purchased the kit could see it could be made public now?

cheers, jimn~

peter holst
08-05-09, 20:02
has anybody compared the D2 with the yellow koni sport?

Q4Jan
09-05-09, 21:06
I had koni yellow on my Q4 before the D2 went under.
Car is now more comfortable. Understeers less. And doesn't lean as much out of the corner as before.

The yellow koni's are very harsh as they are not progressive. And i really didn't like they had very hard rebound but soft inbound.

I had the yellow konis with original springs so the car is now a bit lower.

Downsides to the D2 are that the car is a bit "bouncy" on speedbumps. And the rear dampers have to be put on the hardest setting to keep the back above the rear wheels. The front can than be adjusted to suit the back.

Overal the D2 is much better than yellow koni. For track use you would want stiffer springs at the back, and more pressure in the absorbers. (Although a lightened track car maybe doesn't need it.)

Jan.

Q4Jan
09-05-09, 21:20
Here is more info:
http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80

D2 spring combos, fittment, experiences with the setup......

If you can't read it ask steve. He could give acces or move the relevant posts to a more open location.

Come to think of it, i didn't read any experiences with the rally-asfalt set???? Somebody must have fitted that?

Xti
09-05-09, 23:04
...the rear dampers have to be put on the hardest setting to keep the back above the rear wheels.
Jan.

It is complicated to adjust the rear dampers ? Thank you.

Cheers.
Cristian

Q4Jan
10-05-09, 02:15
It is complicated to adjust the rear dampers ? Thank you.

Cheers.
Cristian

Easy, but only when they are of the car. Front can be adjusted when fitted. The back has to come off first.

peter holst
10-05-09, 06:52
I must have a set of D2..

any one want to sell theirs?