PDA

View Full Version : air scoop - opinions?

arjunior45
03-04-09, 09:52
I'm thing to make {hand make} an air-scoop, using the left hole in my front bumper and guide the air to the air filter.
I spoke about with a friend of mine and he make me have serious doubts about the water and or rain that can enter from this bumper hole and end up in the combustion champers with dangerous conseguences!

I intend to keep the filtering element and I believe that rain amount entering from this hole will not be such a problem.
But what about the water spray from the other cars ahead or the water if I go over a 'lake' in the Greek street holes? The water quantity that might enter from the bumper's hole can be that much to arrive in the combustion champers and destroy the engine???

Maybe in a track race, water or rain is not such a matter! But what about for a street car and roads full of big - very big holes full of rain-water?

Nick

arjunior45
03-04-09, 10:03
why do I need this air-scoop?
Well, in my GT1300Junior {bertone}, using the GTA's air-scoop I have positive air pressure in front of the carburetors, from the 40 - 45 Kmh. I measured this pressure and it is almost at 0.2 bar - a little less - and the engine revs much faster. That's why.

The only difference from the Q4's air scoop is that the 'intake' hole is much more higher, at the side of the front headlights.

Nick