PDA

View Full Version : Silicon hoses

wrinx
11-02-09, 12:21
Would anyone be interested in replacement silicone hoses for the hose of death (back of the engine) and the one which attaches to it, from the coolant tank?

I kept the two pipes which came off my car to do this one day, so subject to price and me getting my arse in gear and sorting it...how many would be interested?

wrinx

arjunior45
11-02-09, 12:33
I've already replaced the 'T style' hose {in the back of the engine long time ago - almost a year ago} and yesterday bought the silicon tube to replace the one from the expansion tank keeping the metal corners. Need to see how the expansion tank thing will go and I'll let you know if I'm in for the tube that goes from the tank to the 'T style' hose.

Nick

AlfaJack
11-02-09, 13:50
Mine is replaced already but you may get a bit of interest from others if its the same on 'grales.

Ditlev
11-02-09, 17:06
Already replaced it too, got a t-piece from a Punto, and the rest is just ordinary hoses..
Would be interested in a complete Silicon Hose kit though..

ecl
11-02-09, 17:24
if this happens im in:D

wrinx
11-02-09, 17:29
Would be interested in a complete Silicon Hose kit though..

What do you call complete?

All water, air and oil pipes? Won't be cheap...

wrinx

Q4Jan
12-02-09, 02:59
To cut costs i would join any silicone hose action.
Count me in if this goes along.

Michael_kal
12-02-09, 08:08
Hello,

if you go for a set of silicone hoses for air (1 from tb-intercooler, 1 from intercooler - metal hose, 1 from metal hose to intake manifold) I will go for this set as well. Mostly interrested in Black color.
Regarding the water T-hose behind the engine, I replaced this one with a hose for a Delta, buyed from Bielstein, this one fits perfect and was a silicone one, too.
Therefor I think the most needed hoses are the air hoses (behind the Turbo) to get positive effects in performance.

So if any one is able to bring a set of this one the way, count me in for one of this.

Regards Michael

wrinx
12-02-09, 11:23
1 from metal hose to intake manifold)

I've seen these for sale in silicone...but blue :?

Regarding the water T-hose behind the engine, I replaced this one with a hose for a Delta, buyed from Bielstein, this one fits perfect and was a silicone one, too.

Interesting, I thought they were different...have you got a link?

wrinx

Ditlev
12-02-09, 14:44
What do you call complete?

All water, air and oil pipes? Won't be cheap...

wrinx

I would say either one, but not necessarily a package with all three.

if you go for a set of silicone hoses for air (1 from tb-intercooler, 1 from intercooler - metal hose, 1 from metal hose to intake manifold) I will go for this set as well. Mostly interrested in Black color.

Would be interested in these too..

As for color, although I would like blueish or red, it doesnt really matter..

Evodelta
12-02-09, 17:30
I think both Tanc Barret and Walkers do these for the integrale.

Silicone

wrinx
12-02-09, 17:55
Oops...

wrinx

Evodelta
12-02-09, 20:37
No harm in trying to improve matters for everyone. The T piece may be available off the shelf at Samco or any of the other silicone hose manufacturers, check their catalogues against some measurements.

Michael_kal
12-02-09, 21:28
Hello Evodelta,

look here
http://www.bielstein.com/LANCIA/Delta-Auswahl/LISTE_Sport.pdf

page 6

Regards Michael

wrinx
12-02-09, 22:40
There it is...72039, can you remember how much it was?

wrinx

Michael_kal
13-02-09, 07:19
sorry not at the moment,

it was expensive, but good quality, I will have a look next week when I'm back home from business travel.

But the original from the Q4 is not available any more from dealer. And additional this work needs to be done only one time with this hose, and its quite a mess to change.

Regards Michael

Evodelta
14-02-09, 08:43
Thanks for this information Michael, it makes us sure that the hose on the Delta is the same as the Q4, which is good for these guys.

Xti
28-06-09, 11:40
I have searched a lot for the oil vapour separator (4) hoses but still haven't found any of them. Have you? It seems that there are not available anymore as OEM...

I was thinking that maybe it would be easier/prefered for Samco to produce and deliver silicone hoses for 155 Q4 if they would have at hand the whole OEM hoses kit.

Then we could have the possibility to buy the whole kit (good price for group buy) or even individual hoses. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I think it is worth a try.

Also I'm aware that it might not be cheep.

What do you guys think about us trying to make a 155 Q4 hose kit collect and send it to Samco? Of course after we contact them to see if they are interested.

My first step here it would be to donate some of the hoses (oil, water, turbo). Just want to know your opinions on this matter of if you have any other suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Greatings,
Cristian.

ecl
28-06-09, 13:15
i have the two hoses from the oil seperator on hand, they are dead, but good for measuring.

i replaced them with some random rubber hoses that came in an s bend.

I would like some silicon as long as i don't have to give my right hand for them though

Xti
28-06-09, 13:46
@ecl
It's a good start.
Which two of the OVS hoses from the picture above do you have at hand, please ? Thanks.

ecl
28-06-09, 23:41
8 and 5

Xti
29-06-09, 13:47
Great! Thanks, ecl.

I can donate the oil vapour separator hoses #7 and #9 so we already have at hand all 4 OVS hoses.

Does any of Berlina Sportivo forum colleagues already have bought from Samco so that could have some experience in this matter?
If not, I will try to make and keep contact with them just that my english is not very good and we don't have a serious Samco dealer here...

PS: Please add in this thread any suggestions regarding the parts that should compose the Alfa 155 Q4 hoses kit !!!
I will do my best to find and donate as much of these hoses as I can.

Thanks in advance, to all.

Xti
12-07-09, 12:16
The Samco dealer we have here suggested that I should choose directly from Samco catalogue some hoses to fit in my car... :tapedshut:

In other words they were affraid of possible mistakes. Too bad.

Anyway, I'll try to find some other way if there is one and I will keep any hose I could donate for this purpose.

biggie_
26-11-09, 07:16
Any news on this issue? someone has been lucky?

I have to replace some small bore hoses, can you tell me the measurement of the one that i show on the picture bellow? (it's placed behind the intake box)

Many thanks ;)

Xti
26-11-09, 07:39
No news yet so far, unfortunately. Anyway I'll keep all the old stuff just in case.

I'm not sure exactly which hose is about but I'll try to figure it out searching for them. I'm still way too far from this chapter of my project, most of the parts are put in some met pots...

biggie_
27-11-09, 20:14
Thanks for your answer Xti, don't search for them, probably this picture can help to know what hose i'm asking for ;)

mindus
27-11-09, 21:03
Any vacuum hose (e.g. samco, sfs, etc.) with a bore of 3 mm works just fine.

biggie_
04-12-09, 21:17
Thanks for the information mindus, will be very useful for me ;)

Xti
07-12-09, 19:51
I couldn't find that hose yet, Biggie. But I really have to find it before mounting the engine to the car.

Please see the pictures above to be sure I'm not talking about a different hose.

Ade
25-03-11, 00:13
Anyone know if the Integrale coolant hose kit will fit a Q4? Looking at one for sale on ebay just now...

Steve Webb
25-03-11, 08:37
Hi Ade,

which coolant hose? The rad top hose? These days I'd be inclined to get a flexible silicon hose and cut it to fit.

Ade
25-03-11, 10:53
These ones.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-HOSE-KIT-SILICONE-LANCIA-INTEGRALE-16V-169-/140512375850?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b730b42a

Wonder if they'll all fit?

wrinx
25-03-11, 16:19
Just checked a couple and even the rear hose of death isn't shown as being a shared part with the Q4.

But that diesn't mean they won't fit, just can't really confirm officially...perhaps one of the Integrale boys here could clarify?

wrinx

Integrale
25-03-11, 23:31
Just checked a couple and even the rear hose of death isn't shown as being a shared part with the Q4.

But that diesn't mean they won't fit, just can't really confirm officially...perhaps one of the Integrale boys here could clarify?

wrinx

The hose of death does fit, I have it :smile: bougth it from Aecar.co.uk

wrinx
26-03-11, 09:51
Thank you :)

wrinx

colibry
26-03-11, 10:27
the whole kit could fit or just the T hose?

Integrale
26-03-11, 17:43
the whole kit could fit or just the T hose?

I sold my EVO2 last summer :mad:, I am not sure that the other hoses fit. I think the 155Q4 radiator is a bit longer.

Leif

Jan
05-04-11, 11:27
don't now how this fits

http://global.ebay.com/Tubi_Siliconici_Manicotti_Radiatore_Fiat_Coupe_16V T/300477401796/item