PDA

View Full Version : Racing valves

Juan AR155Q4
05-02-09, 17:00
I have made a contact with a local company that makes racing valves.
The company is really important and supplies to all over the world racing categories. It?s called MPI (http://www.mpi.com.ar/), wich is the racing department of 3B (http://www.basso.com.ar/eng/index.php) which makes OEM and aftermarket valves.

The idea is to have done for Q4/Integrale?s users a set of intake and exhaust valves.
Intakes would be done in martensitic with tempered end or martesitic/austenitic and either chromed or black nitrided.
Exhaust would be nickel based / martensitic and chromed.
Valves would be a direct replacement of OEM valves, so as not to have any modification to the cylinder head, but having better materials (temp resistive) and a better profile (increase flow).
I don?t have a estimated price yet, but as much as are required, the lower the price would be.
Let me know who is interested so as to have a number to negotiate.
Shipping would be another issue, but a solution should be to send all the valves to one of you in EU, and there to have this person shipping to each.

Of course I?m not profiting with this, just want a set of good valves and think that others can be interested too.

Steve Webb
05-02-09, 20:02
What about the sodium filled exhaust valves? Do the new materials mean the sodium inserts are not needed?

matias
06-02-09, 10:51
Sorry my english, thank you google translator :)

The exhaust valve with sodium-filled is the cheapest way to remove heat from the valve, but in severe operating conditions is recommended to use 100% nickel base. In this case the idea is replace with a 100% nickel base that supports the best temperature (this means that maintaining the strength of the material). These materials work well in engines over 800Hp.

Juan AR155Q4
06-02-09, 11:50
What about the sodium filled exhaust valves? Do the new materials mean the sodium inserts are not needed?

As Matias said above, there?s no need of sodium. A Nickel based materials can work in hotter conditions.

Juan AR155Q4
09-02-09, 15:05
Nobody is interested?
Is acknowledge or don?t thing it worth?

wrinx
09-02-09, 16:13
I guess it depends how much...and do people change valves unless their engine is broken?

I've just bought a cheap set of second hand valves so I'm out, sorry.

wrinx

Juan AR155Q4
10-02-09, 13:27
You?re right. Nobody changes valves unless there?s a problem with them.
But this is an upgrade too, as despite material, they have a better profile increasing head flow.

Brul(tm)
10-02-09, 18:00
But this is an upgrade too, as despite material, they have a better profile increasing head flow.

If so, I think those who are interested would like to know the price?

Greetings,
Marc

Juan AR155Q4
17-02-09, 10:44
I?ve talked to the manufacturer and a estimated price would be of ?20 each valve. Final number will depend of the whole number of valves.
OEM are sold here for about twice this price, don?t know what about in EU.

AlfaJack
17-02-09, 14:54
I think inlet valves are about ?11 and exhaust are ?50 each so ?500ish+VAT a whole set!
?320 for high spec valves may not be too bad then..