PDA

View Full Version : Front LSD.

jimnielsen
29-11-08, 19:56
Hi. i wanted to start a new thread for this to separate it from the rear anti roll bar one..

in this webpage that Jv1 posted...

http://www.bacciromano.com/index.php?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=24&cat2=40&mar=5

is a product called DA008...

I can't read italian at all :( - but this looks like a complete bolt-in LSD swap out for the front diff unit in the Q4. Is it?

Has anybody tried a product like this as a means of helping cure understeer?

thanks, jimn~

Steve Webb
01-12-08, 20:08
Isn't that LSD just for the Grale 16v? The torque split is different from the grale 16v to Evo which might rule this out for the Q4. Perhaps Evodelta can clear this up.

Not sure how fitting one of these would affect the understeer and could end up being an expensive experiment.

Evodelta
01-12-08, 21:37
All 16v models share the same torque split, it is the earlier 8v which is different.

There are many ways to cure understeer and this (the most expensive) would be my last attempt.....

Steve Webb
01-12-08, 21:52
Cheers for clearing that up, I knew there is a difference in torque split, just can never remember the change over model.

Steve

Evodelta
02-12-08, 07:01
Not a problem, although wouldn't fitting a different sized diff to any of the gearboxes give the same results?

Steve Webb
02-12-08, 07:34
Yeah I would have thought so, but I was just assuming that if Lancia were going to change the torque split, they would change something else as well, like external dimensions/shaft diameter, number of splines etc. They certainly seem to do this with most things.

j1v
02-12-08, 17:41
There are many ways to cure understeer and this (the most expensive) would be my last attempt.....

And my first one if I could afford it (just not right now :biggrin:)

A front lsd (torsen) with some suspension geometry play made my fwd car oversteering as much as I wanted. Not an easy car to ride, but pretty fast and unforgiving too :)