PDA

View Full Version : rear subframe

peter holst
26-11-08, 19:11
can anybody tell me if the rear subframe is the same for the alfa 155 Q4 as for the fiat coupe 16v turbo?
I think it is but I have to be sure

wrinx
27-11-08, 07:20
I think the rear is peculiar to Q4s....haven't got time to check ePER now but will later if no-one else manages it.

wrinx

Brul(tm)
27-11-08, 07:45
I think the rear is peculiar to Q4s....haven't got time to check ePER now but will later if no-one else manages it.

Fiat coupe 16V is front wheel drive, Q4 is four wheel drive.
The coupe doesn't have to make room foor a rear diff, so I guess they are different. Eper access would probable confirm this.

Greetings,
Marc

Evodelta
27-11-08, 08:17
Fiat coupe 16V is front wheel drive, Q4 is four wheel drive.
The coupe doesn't have to make room foor a rear diff, so I guess they are different. Eper access would probable confirm this.

Greetings,
Marc

There are quite a few people out there making 4wd Coupes. :eek:

peter holst
27-11-08, 08:42
the reason I want to know is that the coupe guys has made som solid rear bushes for the rear subframe like those used on the BTCC cars

Michael_kal
27-11-08, 11:07
Hello Peter,

rear sub frame is not the same on FWD and AWD, but bushes are not listed in Eper data, so I'm not shure if the bushes are different, but the bodywork at the mounting points for rear sub frame are the same as on FWD so in my opinion the dimension of the bushed could be equal maybe the stiffness is different for FWD and AWD but due to the fect the coupe bushes are solid this should be no issue.
to say it short: just try it and write your experience.

Regards Michael

kepsus
03-12-08, 12:50
The bushed are the same, but you right the rear frame are not the same.

wrinx
03-12-08, 17:45
Do you mean the rear trailing arms bushes? I'm told they are different on Q4s but haven't checked personally...

wrinx

kepsus
03-12-08, 21:09
i can take some pic in the morning, i have both the Q4, and the fiat coupe rear sub, at my garage.. but if it is a very small diffrent , i have to take them off to be sure