PDA

View Full Version : 155q4 in Canada

Lloyd Scala
11-11-08, 17:09
Hello This is the first Alfa 155 q4 with a full zender body kit in North America. I recently purchase it from Japan. This is the best Alfa I have driven in my life. I am wondering if someone can recommend a place that I can get parts for the car. The wiper motor stop working and I am trying to find one, I thought that the parts that I have for the 164 would fit but they are different. I have a problem with the front end shaking at 120km. It goes away after 120. I put four new tires and had the front end allignment done and everything checks out ok,But it shakes Thanks Lloyd

wrinx
11-11-08, 17:52
Welcome :)

Do you have any pictures yet...would love to see the Zender kit?

Parts...check ebay europe, ebay.de or ebay.it or ebay.fr etc.

Also, any 155 can supply the wiper motor, they're all the same...just the linkage is different between left and right hand drive.

Shaking...bent wheel? Bent driveshaft? Rear wheel problem? The fact that it goes away makes me think it's wheel related.

wrinx

Lloyd Scala
11-11-08, 19:44
http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/haultain/alfa%20155/
Hi if you go to this web page you can see the pictuers of my car.
I looked at the ebay and cannot find a wiper motor . Do you know a good place in the UK I can get new parts? The driveshaft look good the car only has 46413KM on it .Thanks

AlfaJack
11-11-08, 21:18
Hi Lloyd,

Welcome, I remember when you emailed me via my website. Your car looks fantastic! Love the body kit!

You can get second hand parts via the UK, new too, but they are a lot of money plus the shipping!

wrinx
11-11-08, 23:20
VERY nice...the Zender kits looks much better than the bulkier Lester attempt imho.

That steering wheel...I was bidding on one exactly the same on ebay recently (lost though!). It was described as a 155 Zagato wheel and I found a picture of one on an SZ. Never actually seen one fitted to a 155 but your pictures confirm it looks great!

wrinx

wrinx
12-11-08, 00:08
[url]
I looked at the ebay and cannot find a wiper motor .

Here ya go....

Wiper Motor (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wischermotor-Alfa-Romeo-155-Q4-16V-Turbo_W0QQitemZ360073259470QQcmdZViewItem)

Or..a new one!

Wiper Motor 2 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-155-96-ELECTRIC-WIPER-MOTOR-60554874_W0QQitemZ270177634759QQcmdZViewItem?)

wrinx

Lloyd Scala
12-11-08, 02:11
Thanks for finding the one on Germany ebay. I bought it, the one in the UK. didn't look the same so I didn't get it. I owe you a pint, cheers.
It's hard to find parts for this car because there is no dealer network in north america for Alfa Romeo.
I tried to post one of my picture on the registry and on the bottom of the page where it said to email the picture it keeps coming back undelivered. Can someone help me to post this picture.

Brul(tm)
12-11-08, 07:22
Welcome on BerlinaSportivo :)
Nice looking Q4 there on the other side of the pond :cool:

It's hard to find parts for this car because there is no dealer network in north america for Alfa Romeo.

About the missing dealership/network in northern America, if there was one... they would probably of no service anyway :eek:
The 155 is getting old right now and most parts arent available anymore. It is getting more difficult to get parts, especially new ones. Ebay is very helpfull in finding the parts you need ;)

Greetings,
Marc

wrinx
12-11-08, 13:50
Can someone help me to post this picture.

If you get a "Photobucket" account to host the picture you'll be able to show it here by linking.

Let us know if you're having problems :D

wrinx

Q4Jan
12-11-08, 16:11
Welcome. Waiting for the pictures.

I have the same shaking. Starts at 120km/h and dissapears above 140km/h.

All rims are new and everything balanced.
I guess it has something to do with a miss allignment at the back, wich can't be adjusted on a 155.

But will also see if somebody answers.

wrinx
12-11-08, 16:38
If you get a "Photobucket" account to host the picture you'll be able to show it here by linking.

Let us know if you're having problems :D

wrinx

Jeez, I'm an idiot :roll:

You've already got one.

Simply click the "IMG Code" line under a picture and paste the link here for pictures to display.

wrinx

Lloyd Scala
12-11-08, 22:42
I was trying to send the pictures to the Q4 owners register but the email I send with the pictures to webadmin@berlinasportivo.com comes back as ( delivery status failure)

Evodelta
12-11-08, 22:46
Welcome. Waiting for the pictures.

I have the same shaking. Starts at 120km/h and dissapears above 140km/h.

All rims are new and everything balanced.
I guess it has something to do with a miss allignment at the back, wich can't be adjusted on a 155.

But will also see if somebody answers.

Propshaft out of balance or worn out perhaps?

AlfaJack
12-11-08, 23:39
I was trying to send the pictures to the Q4 owners register but the email I send with the pictures to webadmin@berlinasportivo.com comes back as ( delivery status failure)

Ah, try steve @ berlinasportivo.com (without the spaces ;))

Lloyd Scala
13-11-08, 00:28
My steering wheel is shaking I do not feel it in back end

Q4Jan
13-11-08, 03:50

Thanks, will look into that as it is irritating.

Is the propshaft just the one long pole connecting the rear to the front or also the rods connecting the front diff to the front wheels?

Sorry to sound silly but would like to know. :tapedshut:

And if it is the rear to back connection. (Wich i think it is.) Are they available, or difficult to come by?

And i saw the pics looks nice, Lloyd!

Evodelta
13-11-08, 08:34
Thanks, will look into that as it is irritating.

Is the propshaft just the one long pole connecting the rear to the front or also the rods connecting the front diff to the front wheels?

Sorry to sound silly but would like to know. :tapedshut:

And if it is the rear to back connection. (Wich i think it is.) Are they available, or difficult to come by?

And i saw the pics looks nice, Lloyd!

Yes, you are quite correct, the prop' runs from front to rear on any engine driven object. I say 'object' because it can be a road vehicle, ship, pedal bike, motorbike etc.
The full term is propellor shaft, I think this is because it is used to propel (move) whatever it is used on.

The other four shafts are driveshafts or half shafts.

Out of interest the technically stunning current Nissan GTR has two props, one takes the power to the rear, if the computer detects any slippage at the front end the second one sends power back to the front again. Very clever these Japs.

I don't know much about Q4 props, but yes the bearings and universal joint (or spider) on an integrale can wear out and make noises and vibration. I seem to remember that one of these parts is used on an older Ford Transit!

Evodelta
13-11-08, 08:38
My steering wheel is shaking I do not feel it in back end

Could be many things, wheels out of balance, worn prop components, worn suspension bushes, ball joints, something coming loose etc. Only a thorough examination will reveal the cause.

ecl
13-11-08, 16:40
try putting your front wheels at the rear and the rear up front and see if you can detect any difference. If no difference its probably not the wheels.

Eivind - Norway

Lloyd Scala
14-11-08, 02:20
I took my car back to the shop today and I got all four wheels balance, some of the weight were off by an ounce. I left the shop thinking that this was the problem,I got on the highway and when I got to 120 and it's still there. I will look at the rest of the driveshaft to see if I could figure out anything else. The car is really great to drive, everywhere I go people ask me questions about it. I dont know why Alfa didn't bring this car to North America because they could have done really well here.
There is a really nice Alfa 155 Zagato in japan for sale if anyone is interested here is the web page. I wish I could buy it but the rule in Canada is it has 15 years before you can import it.
http://www.goo-net.com/cgi-bin/goojp/used_eng/spread_n_w.cgi?goo_car_id=0910081201X4001528016&areacd=13&maker_cd=3020&car_cd=30201506&baitai=goo&car_cd_list=30201506&search_type=maker_search

wrinx
14-11-08, 10:26
Stunning car!

?8,700 or €10,140...not bad, shame it's not a Q4 though :D

wrinx

sub555
14-11-08, 10:40
i thought all the zagato bodied cars were turbos?

wrinx
14-11-08, 13:15
Nope... http://www.geocities.jp/esse_quattro/TI-Z3.html

There's a much better website (in English) but I can't find it!

wrinx

wrinx
14-11-08, 13:24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_155

wrinx

Lloyd Scala
14-11-08, 16:31
I will see if I can get more pictures of this black 155 in Japan alot of time they donot put rigt the information.
I fond two more 155Q4 on the goo-net in Japan
http://www.goo-net.com/cgi-bin/goojp/used_eng/spread_n_w.cgi?goo_car_id=700030016020080612001&areacd=10&maker_cd=3020&car_cd=30201506&baitai=goo&car_cd_list=30201506&search_type=maker_search
http://www.goo-net.com/cgi-bin/goojp/used_eng/spread_n_w.cgi?goo_car_id=905008103009050986415&areacd=18&maker_cd=3020&car_cd=30201506&baitai=goo&car_cd_list=30201506&search_type=maker_search

Q4Jan
28-03-09, 15:38

Thanks for the hint!
Propshaft was balanced and has some new rubber bearings. The old rubber looked terrible!

Car feels much better now.