View Full Version : importing cars to the uk

mac
08-11-08, 14:55
anyone on here done this or know the ins and outs of doing it

thanks

Steve

Steve Webb
08-11-08, 15:01
Yep, brought in an old Fiat 500 a few years back. Relatively easy if you are bringing it in from the EU. What car and where from?

mac
08-11-08, 15:18
would be a Q4 and prob france or Italy

what sort of import tax would be payable?

thanks

Steve

Steve Webb
08-11-08, 15:52
I don't think there will be any import duty, just a payment to the DVLA for registration. Take time out to go down to your local DVLA office to sort it all out though, will be much quicker. All you will need to take is the Italian/French documentation along with a current MOT and that should be it.

wrinx
09-11-08, 00:06
Thought some people have been stung for duty??? Think Pavs had to pay...

Mac...Q4? You've obviously been hanging round here too long ;) Hope you've got an understanding bank manager (wife!).

Seriously...I've found the Q4 to be INCREDIBLY addictive! You'll only end up wanting more power....good luck in your search.

wrinx

Steve Webb
09-11-08, 07:27
Any Q4 you find now is going to be over 10 years old, so I don't think they can apply any duty. But it might be best to check with the DVLA. I know I didn't pay any duty taking the 500 into the UK and didn't pay any when I brought the RR and Q4 into France.

Steve

mac
09-11-08, 11:47
thanks for the input i will have a nose around

i am in the very early stages of planning

alot depends on if i get another job soon .. if i do i can use my redundancy package to fund the venture also i have a few splitters still to make so every penny helps

thanks

Steve