PDA

View Full Version : ECU fuse?

T M Oren
01-07-08, 20:13
Is there an separate fuse for the ecu??
Were is it, PLEACE??

I hope so, it does not come any gas in the sylinder.
The fuelpressure is ok.

HELP?

I love these pulleys.

wrinx
01-07-08, 20:27
Do you have the Alfa CODE fitted to your widebody?

There is a fuel pump relay and injector relay on the bulkhead but no fuse for the ECU :(

(Btw...how do you get your coolant tank so clean?)

wrinx

arjunior45
01-07-08, 22:36
there is a safety device under the driver's seat, at the front. Cut the fuel in a case of accident! It's a black box with a rather large button on the top. Just press this botton.

Nick

wrinx
01-07-08, 22:41
Doh! Forgot about that...

wrinx

T M Oren
02-07-08, 03:01
Thanks.

I change the coolthant often. (the engine is rebild so often)

wrinx
02-07-08, 17:15
My coolant tank is yellow! Can't see the level...

wrinx

T M Oren
03-07-08, 14:21
Problem sorted.
It was the reeleay on the back side off the engine bay.
I change once , but the first pair of reeleay was broken.
On the second time the engine started.

Steve Webb
03-07-08, 14:47
there is a safety device under the driver's seat, at the front. Cut the fuel in a case of accident! It's a black box with a rather large button on the top. Just press this botton.

Nick

Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that the fuel pump in a Q4 is controlled directly by the ECU and as such doesn't need the safety switch under the passenger seat. I've certainly never seen one on a skinny bodied Q4.

wrinx
03-07-08, 17:26
Problem sorted.
It was the reeleay on the back side off the engine bay.
I change once , but the first pair of reeleay was broken.
On the second time the engine started.

Injector relay at a guess, as you had fuel pressure?

wrinx

arjunior45
03-07-08, 20:46
Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that the fuel pump in a Q4 is controlled directly by the ECU and as such doesn't need the safety switch under the passenger seat. I've certainly never seen one on a skinny bodied Q4.

yes, in mine {widebody} there is one under the drivers seat.
Long time ago, when I needed to move the car from the painter {?} to the electrician{?} the engine did not started until the battery was completely off. Even the electician did not know about this valve and he spent a couple of days searching the 'why'! Then a friend of mine - from H.A.R.O.C. - with a black wb Q4 came, pressed the button and ...voila, the engine sarted.
Can't tell you how bad we felt.

Nick